Eighteen

A/N I just wanted to tell y'all that I am switching from doing dialogue like this: "Hi" to 'Hi'. It's just easier to type, so yeah. That's all. Enjoy! 

Hermione woke to soft morning light. The thin streams shone over her shoulder. The cuts looked no better than they did last night. She grabbed her wand and cast a quick healing spell. Only the scars showed, there was no getting rid of those. 

Her movements woke Draco. They both sat up on their bed and the silence settled over them like a wet blanket.  'We should go to breakfast' Hermione said quietly. 

'I suppose,' Draco sighed. 'Umm...you go ahead I need to talk to Professor McGonagall about...something,' He saw the panic set in; how her eyes widened, her stance became rigid, and how her grip tightened on her wand. 'It's not about...' he trailed off nodding at her shoulder. 

Hermione drew in a long breath, 'okay. Okay,' she said more to herself than to him. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It had been half an hour and Draco still wasn't back. He was in the Headmistress's office try to convince her to let him and Hermione off the grounds for the night. 

'I simply can not allow it. If I allow you to go then I have to allow other students to go. This is my final decision,' McGonagall said firmly. 

'But, ma'am, I know for a fact that Hermione and I are some of your most trusted students," Draco pleaded. 

'That's not enough, Mr. Malfoy'

'I'm planning to propose. In Greece, because I know she's always wanted to go there,' He rushed. 

'Well, why didn't you say so?'

'Because I figured it wouldn't make a difference,' 

'The law, unfortunately, says I can't get in the way of proper engagements. Even though this is a slight stretch. I'll make an exception. This time.' McGonagall said sternly. 'Only this time.'

'Thank you, professor, we'll be back by two a.m. I promise.'

'Okay, Mr. Malfoy,'  Professor McGonagall smiled. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Draco finally showed up for breakfast. He only had five minutes to eat as Hermione was pestering him for a solid 10 minutes. 

'Ok. To be honest I got permission for us to leave the grounds tonight. And for me to skip classes today,'

'Why exactly are you skipping classes?'

'Reasons'

Hermione laughed and shook her head. 'Ok, but I'm not bringing you your homework.' 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The day passed quickly. Hermione was soon laying on her bed waiting for Draco. Then a barn owl flew into a room with a note. Dress nice and be ready by 7 - DM  It was six. She only had an hour to get ready. 

She pulled out the only dress she had. Ginny made her buy it a long time ago, at the time she hated it. But now it came in handy.

She had just finished getting ready when Draco knocked on the door

'Come in' Hermione called shyly.

Draco slowly opened the door but stopped when he saw her. She was absolutely breathtaking. 'What?' she asked keeping her head down.

'It's just...you look... beautiful. Really, really, really, beautiful,' he stumbled over his words, barely able to form coherent sentences. 

'Shouldn't we go?' she asked. 'It's already 7:15,' 

'Umm... yeah. Yeah,' he held out his hand. She slowly took and then he apparated to a ledge on Mount Olympus. An entire picnic was set up. They wined and dined, and slowly they finished their dessert. They both stood up, and Draco lead her towards the edge. 

'It's beautiful,' she whispered. 

Then Draco proceeded to do one of the most cheesy things to ever exist. He looked at her and said 'Yeah, it is'

He fiddled with the ring box in his pocket. 

'Can I ask you a question' Hermione asked.

'You just did.'

She shook her head 'Why did you bring me here'

'Well, to do this' he bent down on one knee and pulled out a ring. (ring picture on top)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Word count: 668

Thank you for 1.4K reads! It's amazing! Thank you! Anyway, it finally happened! She didn't say yes yet (if she does) so it's a kind of cliff-hanger. I'm writing this at one in the morning so it might suck. Cover vote/requirements are still posted. -M

Comment and vote!