3. Space

- Chapter 3 :

You could only watch in desperation as your planet's image faded behind you, replace by the view of it becoming smaller and smaller, and smaller. You'd never been to space, heck you'd never dreamed of it, thus you were shocked at the magnitude of how beautiful the vicinity truly was. Your planet was a dull red, the dry land surprisingly moist and good for farming and gold digging. It was a known fact that the people of Orpheus had magic for time pause inside them. Just like every planet specialized in a power, that belonged to Orpheus. The power to pause time. The stronger the wielder, the longer it was possible to halt the world.

However this too was just a legend you read. No one wielded these powers anymore. From all the stories you'd read, there remained only seven people in the world who could channel the magic inside them and use their powers, but the hunt for these legends had ended long ago, now the planets simply priding themselves on which power seemed the more powerful. The remaining planets in the galaxy other than these seven had no such legends foretelling about people who could wield powers, for some reason it was only those seven. You knew one day you'd have to find out, the thought always pulling at your brain.

Your eyes went back to your beautiful planet as you teared up slowly. You could see many battle ships, large, gray and full of cannons racing towards your planet, transporting more demons and soldiers to take over the planet. Around your planet were many gray rings of space dust and you were glad that there was something to slow down the invasion, even if it were by a few hours. You took a deep gasp of air and sat back in your seat. There was no going back now. The space craft seemed to be designed to only go to a new destination after reaching the first one, meaning you had to land on Eridani before you even planned on going back. That too, you had no idea if the craft was programmed to land somewhere specific or just land for the sake of landing.

You chewed on your nails before slapping your cheeks with both hands. The machine was evading all meteors and obstacles, making your job easier, You were sure there was a option that let you manually drive the craft, but you had no interest in that. Instead, you unbuckled the seat belt, which flashed a neon green before making a small sound and returning behind your seat. You then got up, falling back due to the shock and processing of information. It was all starting to just hit you. Life would never be the same. Orpheus was taken over by Mogaria, killing everyone for all you knew. 

You knew one thing however, you had to save your planet, whatever it took. Knowing why Mogaria was doing this would also help, Orpheus was open to making trading partners so it couldn't have been over resources. You thought about how the death beast trained its killing instincts on you after seeing you and you couldn't help but get paranoid. What if it was sent to kill you, what if the whole invasion was just to kill you. You shook your head at how bizarre the thought sounded in your head and finally pulled yourself up, dusting the dust from the basement off. Your red black shirt had a few tears in it and was painted with dirt, your jeans also ripped and leaking blood from your wounds. 

Groping along the walls of the craft for support, you made it to the end of the seat and to the door. Slowly opening it, you found it to be a small bathroom with a shower, toilet and sink. You shuffled inside and peeled off your clothes, throwing it in the sink (which you filled with warm soap water) before jumping into the shower. It had been a long time since you took a hot shower like this, and knowing that you were partially safe gave you some comfort. You thought about the cabinets on the wall you saw while walking to the bathroom, stored with food. Even though there was plenty, you knew you'd have to restock in Eridani. The ship was small even with ten seats and a bathroom, but for you it was more than enough. You'd never had a better house. You decided sleeping on the seats was better than anything as well.