Baseball and Vegas

Okay, new story...something different. Well, for me. This is about Skateward and Bladella (that's lame...). It's about figure skating and the artistry and beauty of it. Wrapped in a Twilight bow.

As always, I own nothing. Stephenie Meyer does. Lucky wench...

So, on with it!

Chapter Ten: Baseball and Vegas

BPOV

Edward and I went up to the observation deck. We stood on the deck, his arms around my waist as we stared off in the distance to Mount Rainier. He ran his nose along my jaw and pressed soft kisses to my neck.

"I have something for you, love," he said. "Kind of a token of my appreciation for everything you've done for me in the past month. It's the first of many presents I hope to get you."

"Edward, you didn't have to," I blushed. He turned me around and gazed into my eyes. "I did all of that because I care about you and I wanted to make your transition to the states as easy as possible."

"And you have. I've felt incredibly welcome and I want to express how much I appreciate it. Please accept it," Edward said as he handed me a small black box. I opened it up and inside was a Helenite pendant and matching earrings. The green of the gem matched Edward's eyes. I gasped.

"It's so beautiful, Edward," I murmured.

"You're far more beautiful, Bell," he said as he kissed my forehead. "I'd put it on you but I don't want to drop your necklace off the Space Needle."

"As soon as we get back to the apartment, I'll put it on and wear it with pride," I said. "Thank you, Edward. You really didn't need to do this."

"Yes, I did. And be prepared to be spoiled, love. I'm notorious for cuddling, nuzzling and randomly giving presents for people that I lo...care for."

Did he say that he loved us? Like almost? Like love, LOVE?

I think I need to sit down...Does anyone have a brown paper bag? I'm hyperventilating here!

EPOV

"Bell?" I asked. Her eyes were glazed over and she was shaking. "Bella? Baby?" She blinked a few times and looked up at me. "Love? Are you okay?"

She smiled and kissed my lips softly. "I'm fine. Just spaced out a little bit," she said in a breathy tone. "You want to stay here or head back to the apartment."

"I like it up here and the day is gorgeous," I said as held her to my body. "Did you know that your hair has a reddish tint to it?"

"Very astute observation, Edward," she giggled. "Your hair is all sorts of different colors. Most women would pay a shitload of money to have these kind of highlights."

"Um, thanks?" I snorted. "My hair is a hot mess. No matter what I do with it, it always just sticks up like I'm a crazy person. Or stuck my finger in an electric socket."

"I think you look hot," Bella said with a smirk. She kissed my lips sweetly and nestled back in my arms. She thinks I'm hot. YES! *fist pump*

The rest of the afternoon was spent wandering around the park near the Space Needle. Bella wanted us to go into the music museum but I said we could do that for another fun date. I just wanted to take her back to my apartment and cuddle with her. She was so incredibly beautiful and smart and my heart stammered when I was around her.

I was definitely falling in love with Isabella Swan.

And I almost spilled the beans to her when I gave her the jewelry. But, I wanted to. Desperately. I wanted to scream it from the rooftops that I loved Bella. When I had my little fumble, she freaked out. She wasn't ready.