Tell her this - John Laurens x female!reader PRT 1

This is like the modern version of Laurens Interlude
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I opened my eyes. I saw my beautiful girlfriend, [name], sleeping soundly. I smile. I look at my phone, checking the date and the hour.

12:38
May 19th

I mentally cussed at myself. I turn back to my love. I smile sadly. I quickly sigh, slowly getting out of bed. I walk over to my dresser next to [name]'s. I hear her turn in her sleep, making me almost freeze in terror of her waking up. I grab my uniform that the military sent me last month. I had gotten drafted by the military for some odd reason, they wouldn't give me a specific reason. I didn't tell [name] because I was afraid she would cry or yell or freak out. She had a tendency to do that, she was super over protective. I head to the bathroom to get ready.

Once I was done in there, I grab the pack they had also sent me that I had hid in the floor board of the hallway. I didn't put on the boots quite yet, so she wouldn't hear me stomping out. I see a notepad and a pen on the coffee table on the way out. I quickly grab the two, and start writing.

My dearest, [name],

Do not worry about me, or go searching for me. Alex and the others will explain everything in due time. I love you and I won't forget you.

Love,
John

I set the notepad down on the coffee table again. I step outside, putting my boots on. I look around. It was the dead of night, no more than just about 12:50 AM. I sigh, smiling. My breath became a small cloud of fog thanks to the cold temperatures. I see a Pick up truck with a cloth of some sort making a tent like shape over the back. I see a driver, motioning me to get in.

I go into the back, and I don't see many familiar face. Just some guys that ain't barely know. The truck starts up and drives off. As we drive away, I look at [name] and I's house, hoping I can go back soon.

The next morning, your perspective

The next morning, air hear the alarm clock go off. I reach over John to turn it off. Except John wasn't there. I rub my eyes a couple times, looking at John's spot in. The bed. I look over to his dresser, and a couple drawers are open. I go into the hallway, and the closet in the hallway is open. I step into the hallway, and I step on a specific board that seems a little loose. That's weird..

I step out into the living room. No one. Maybe he left early for work. I reassured myself. I quickly prepare myself some breakfast and sit down at the coffee table. I was about to take a bite a of my food when I see a note. I read it aloud.

"My dearest [name], do not worry about me or go searching for me." I start. "Alex and the others will explain in due time.."

I look around in a panic. I run to my phone on the charge, instantly calling Alex, Lafayette, and Hercules in the group chat.

"Hello?" They say simultaneously.

"Explain your fucking asses before air kick them!" I scream into the phone.

"Woah, woah, woah." Alex says.

"Merde." Lafayette mumbles.

"Christ, [name]." Herc says.

"What do you want us to explain?" Alex asks. I read the letter aloud to them. Silence. "[name], are you sure you can take it?"

"Tell me now before I kick your ass, Alexander!!" I yell into the phone.

"He got drafted, [name]." Alex says. "It happened last month, the military sent him a letter, telling him he was drafted to the army."

I freeze. I put the phone on the counter, putting it on speaker phone.

"I'm sorry, [name]." Alex says.

"Mon amie, he swore us to secrecy." Lafayette says. I silently cry, tears going down my face.

"Do you want us to come over, [nickname]?" Herc says. I end the call, turning the phone off. I sit down on the barstool by the kitchen counter, my hand over my mouth. Tears go down my face and hand, and I pray to god that he would be ok.