SIX

< : > : Chapter Six : < : >

Harlow | Phoenix | Other people

"How can you not like caramel? Have you ever ate a Milky Way? Snickers? Twix?"

"I don't know I just don't like the taste."

"So you've never had a Caramel Sundae?"

"I always get chocolate."

"You've never had Werther's? Lancaster? Rolos? Cow Tales?

"What the hell is Cow Tales?"

" . . . . "

" . . . . "

"This friendship is not going to work."

"Why not?"

"I bet you don't like caramel popcorn either."

"I actually do."

"Wait, seriously?"

"Seriously . . . I remember my parents making it and I got to drizzle the caramel on top. It was a sticky mess."

"I think that memory just saved our friendship."

"Sure it did."

"Hey, I told my Aunt Justine about you."

"W-what did she say? What did you tell her?"

"I told her that I was bothering you at one in the morning thinking it was her. She asked why you kept answering and I told the truth."

"And what truth is that?"

"My charming voice keeps you coming back for more."

"Does it now?"

"Plus you love to hear me talk about what I look like in uniform."

"Because seeing you in uniform will make me swoon so hard that I'll forget my own name, right?"

"I have been known to make a few women faint . . . Shut up Prichett no one is talking to you."

"So Corey sees through your bull too?"

"It's not bull! . . . Shut up Prichett! I'll have you both know that I two girls offered to make my life more comfortable."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really - no Prichett, no. Okay fine . . . They were flight attendants but they wanted to sop me up with a biscuit. I could see it in their eyes . . . Oh shut it Pritchett."

"And the truth comes out. You're not as desirable as you think."

"I am plenty desirable Harlow you just wait."

"Wait on what? You don't even live here."

"I don't but maybe I should make a special trip back and prove both of you wrong. You and Prichett, who by the way is also from Indiana."

"Really? Small world."

"Yeah, he went to Harrison High and we kicked their ass in football - Ow! . . . Okay, it was one time our freshman year but it will always count in my book." 

"Alright well tell Corey I said goodnight. I'm going heading to bed now."

"Wait wait wait! Hold on Harlow. Prichett stop talking to me I'm trying to talk to my girl. Okay Harlow -"