XLIII

Natsume didn't speak for a moment, staring at his hypnotizing gold eyes, searching for the truth.

"Whose blood...?"

Her son stared back at her, she's the only one who can keep staring at her son's eyes without losing herself from its depth and beauty. Ichiro tilted his head to the side, and carefully, very carefully. He reached out to put his little hands on her eyes, making her close her eyes.

"Does it matter?"

Natsume gently remove his little hands from her eyes and with a heavy tone, she told him;

"It does matter, young man... "

Ichiro let out a nervous chuckle and looked away from her eyes.

"You're making me nervous with your scrutinizing eyes, mother"

"Well... I'm waiting for your answer"

Suddenly, the beautiful child fidget with his small fingers, caught red handed as he looked at his surroundings to avoid his mother's eyes. After a moment, he finally speak, stuttering a little.

"I--It's ummm a wild animal's blood"

She raised her right eyebrow at him.

"A wild animal's blood?"

She repeated in suspension and with a heavy glare.

"Where exactly did you go to encounter a wild animal?"

Again, he let out a nervous chuckle and smiled charmingly at his mother to get away. Anyone could have forgive him with that look but no-- not his mother. She didn't take her scrutinizing gaze away from Ichiro.

"I just took a walk in the nearby mountain"

"The nearest mountain in the palace is nowhere near here for you to take a walk, it will take you an hour to get there by the carriage... Wait-- You can't possible be... Are you?"

He answered her with a mischievous smile. He had really gone there and tricked his guards.

"You-- Guards! Take this son of mine in his chamber and lock him in there. Don't be fooled the next time around or I'll kick you out of the palace myself"

The guards quickly go to Ichiro and hold both of his arms, not too tight but enough not to let him get away. He didn't squirm from their hold however, and let the guards take him away.

"Why do I feel like I'm going to be sentence to death by beheading "

He said and laughed happily for some reason..

"Have a good day mother!"

His gaze travelled to the general who's quietly watching them.

"You too, uncle"

"You better behave yourself in the next few hours, Ichiro or I will not hesitate to put you in chains"

Natsume said while he's being dragged away by the guards. She used his name to express her seriousness.

"You can't do that to your only child!"

He shouted while being dragged further and further away.

Natsume sighed and turned back her attention to the general. A sudden realization dawned on her as she noticed the general.

"Didn't you felt his eerie presence, your grace? He's definitely dangerous and far away from normal"

No... That's not what she realized. She glared at the general.

"You came here to see if the prince is normal or not and then report back to my husband or that bastard Izumi, aren't you?"

"Isn't that a normal thing to do, your highness?"

"Get out!"

She firmly said, not caring if she's being hostile to the general who's been fighting for the state. Jing Bao stood without a second thought.

"A demon will always be a demon, your grace. It cannot be tamed. Not even by his own mother"

He said before turning back and then stopped after he took five steps away.

"I suggest that you keep him away from Raiden as soon as possible. Never let them meet, or you wouldn't like what your husband will do to him the moment that he finds out about his acts and bad habits"

©Editer