Model Problems: Kise Ryouta

Assumptions and Stereotypes

"[Y/n]-cchi you going out tonight?" Asked Kise who had just returned from basketball practice. Fatigue showed itself through sweat. His forehead and forearms glistened under the dormitory's lights and his shirt, stuck to his back and chest. Removing it later would be a hassle. Though as tired as he may be, his voice maintained its vibrant tone.

Rolling her eyes, she threw her backpack at him. "The doors are closing soon. Be quick if you wanna come with."

He would've asked her why she wore such an extravagant dress, but she was already dashing out of the dormitory building. Even if he was an athlete and a male, she, a girl, ran faster compared to him when she was fueled with stress and deadlines.

'I need to change these,' he thought when the sole of his shoe tore open and hung on. "[Y/n]-chan wait up!"

His yell echoed in the ears of those who passed by them. In return, they threw them glare as sharp as shuriken stars.

"C'MON RYOUTA THE DOORS WILL CLOSE SOON!"

"YOU JUST PANIC TOO MUCH!"

The pretentious group of people. The ones who seemed to hate Kise and [Y/n] the most on the campus, cast a look at the duo. Turned back and rolled their eyes. Scoffing they walked altogether in a line that filled the brick ground. They held their textbooks close to their chest when they could just carry a bag. Maybe to appear smarter.

"The doors are closing soon."

"Get there on time."

"My, my another night club it seems."

All of them speculated. And all of them rolled their eyes. A collective hobby they loved to do. Perhaps. Or perhaps not.

In their minds, Kise Ryouta and [L/n] [Y/n] were nothing but brainless models attending college just so they could say that they did. Nothing more than people who'll become more irrelevant as they age.

"A night club on a school night?"

"No wonder she's lagging behind deadlines."

In their minds, no one else was allowed to be much better than them at the university. They were 'model students' who everyone should adore. It would hurt their pride of the two were to ever ace all the exams and make their way to number one.

--

"Thank god . . . " she sang as soon as the shop owner handed her printouts. The heat of the papers, fresh out of the copier machine, brought warmth to her chest. The owner could've sworn that she was on the brink of tears when she turned away. Happy tears, they hoped. "I'm sorry for bothering you, thank you so much again."

Kise waited before they got out when he decided to finally get out.

"Were you modeling earlier?" He asked, still hesitant to hand her backpack back. His question was answered with a nod.

"Why so?"

"For . . . Chanel?"

Again she nodded. Her cluelessness nearly killed him.

"[Y/n]-cchi," he pointed his finger at her torso. "You're still wearing the dress."

As if a typhoon had hit a quiet ocean village, the realization was all over her face. "I have to return this." She panicked, the papers still against her chest began to crumble in the middle from her grip.

When she remembered that her deadline for the project was tomorrow, everything played in a blur. She ran out after the photo shoot.

No.