And It Begins

"Come here you worthless Bitch" he spat from his mouth. I could smell the alchol on his breath as I struggled against his strong frame to free myself from his grip. "You and your mother both just trash living in my house" "Dad please don't do this" I managed to stammer though my whimpers of discomfort. "Vidalia!" I felt my body shift to the right snapping out of the state. "Listen, this is going to be good for us. A fresh start, a new house, a new job from me and a new school for you" my mother spoke over the soft beautiful chords being sung by Ville Valo."Iv'e herd great things about this place. The people are kind and there's a lot of snow here in the winter." I love snow, it's so white and pure. " So how about when we get to the house we unpack and maybe in a few days you can give the school a try." " sure" I quietly whispered . I played with the sleeves of the worn out black hoodie I was wearing not noticing that she pulled the car to a hault outside of an older victorian house.

The darker blue paint job made it stick out from the other houses on the street. Two bright green adjacent treets filled the yard aheard of the stone wall which appeared to be around 3 feet tall.I grabbed my cats Mindnight and Luna along with my cell phone before I stood up from the uncomfortable seat of the car. " Awe babies are you sleep?" I asked looking in though the mesh net keeping them from escaping. I herd a meow and a bit of prring. Walking up the conctrete stairs I noticed the finer beautiful details of the house. I walked up the second set of wooden stairs and waited on the porch for my mom I looked up above the door and saw the numbers 666. Great if I wasnt already scary enough I live in the house of the beast." mom really?" I whined pointing up towards the numbers " People here are very supersticious so we got the house cheap.But its in a really good neighborhood" She said unlocking the door. I picked up the cat carriers and walked in it smelt old,not particlarly bad. But it appeared to have new furniture and paint on the walls.

I continued straight and up the stairs to find 2 rooms one smaller,but with an additional window. A beautiful metal bed frame with a viney look to it, the closest was empty but double doored with a light. I flopped down on the brown sheets andset my phone on the night stand. Other than those two there was a chair and a dresser with a piece of paper. I rolled out andpicked up the folded patchment. It felt suspiciouslt heavly and I felt something move. Openeing it revealed a small,but fat spider.It didn't appear to be poisionous so I slid it into my hand and it sat there. With my left hand I I opened the note

Dear current resident,

During the 1700's this house was used to hide women and men accused of witch craft during the Salem Witch trials.Some say souls of the people that were found hiding here and were unmercifully drowened haunt these room. Enjoy the house.

Mary Walcott

What lovely prank too bad i'm not afriad of witches.I looked down at the cute little creature, " you shall be my new pet" I said to him. Hearing the ruckus of the movers down stairs I quickly walked down. "Mom do we still have that fish tank?" I asked her inbetween instructions for the men with large boxes. "No why?" as soon as she turned around she let out an ear piercing shriek and jumped back. "Oh you have a new friend. Go to the pet store and buy a small tank" "I need money" she pointed at her wallet,"oh while your in town find a new jacket and l pick up a movie or something." I grabbed her keys and credit card , and slid them into my pocket. "Where do I put him?" " Theres a cookie jar on the counter" she said in a caringless voice. I emptied him into it and walked out getting in.

After my father died my mom got his house his car and all of his inherentance along with the money from his insurance. He may have been a horrible man , but he was loaded and I think thats why my mom stayed. Sadly I am merely a seventeen year old so in most states im not allowed behind the wheel, but my upcoming birthday in December causes my mom to give me leeway. I put the keys in the ignition and pulled away from my new home.