July 1st, 2066

As I must always do when starting a new journal, I will fill this page with important things I remember, before they're forgotten due to my disease.

First, there are two people on this raft with me: Trent Johnson (a soldier and a man I consider a friend) and Stephanie Taylor (a pilot whom I know little about). Our plane was shot out of the sky and we're currently floating in the ocean without land in any direction. Stephanie thinks it was a Russian plane that took us down.

The plane returned about an hour later, but ignored us. Perhaps the pilot didn't notice our raft. Speaking of... I don't fully recall how I survived. My backpack didn't. I grabbed this journal and a pen from it before we jumped. The other journal, I shoved into the overhead compartment. Maybe I can go back for it, someday. It likely has many important memories in it.

[Editor's Note: it is thanks to the clue above that I located Darren's first journal. Each of his journals contains a similar clue regarding the location of the journal preceding it. These clues allowed me to follow his journey backward from the cottage where I found his final journal, along with all the journals of Sara McKenzie.]

Oh. Memories, right. Details I must remember.

The most important detail is Sara McKenzie. She is the love of my life, and I am meeting her at her sister's house in Queensland, Australia. The address eludes me, but I am trying to remember it. I will write it down as soon as it comes back to my mind. Her sister's name is Heather McKenzie and her mother is Gail McKenzie. The father is estranged--Sara never really talked about him. She visited with him once and even that short visit resulted in weeks of depression and anger. Once, she told me that she was raised by Elvis Presley, because his music was more present in her house than her father ever was.

Ah, Elvis. Ancient singer. He died almost a century ago, as I understand it. Weird factoid, but it's something I remember.

If I don't find Sara in Queensland, she could still be at her cottage an hour or so outside of Melbourne. I shouldn't go there first, though. Melbourne was struck by a Renewer. It was the first city to be bombed and no one is quite certain what the overall impact of the Renewer will be. If I do need to go there, the address is [Editor's Note: I have elected to omit this.]

If I recall anything else of importance, I'll write it down in later entries. There's not much to do here but float, stare at the sky, and write in this journal.