Chapter 1

'Just great' I thought to myself 'Another day, another problem'

Oh, my bad, I forgot to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Kyrstina, or Kyra if you prefer, and currently I am having a bad day...you see I kinda-

"GET BACK HERE!"

"FUCK OFF ALREADY!"

"STOP RUNNING AWAY FROM YOUR FEELINGS!"

"I'M RUNNING AWAY FROM A PSYCHOPATH!"

Yeah...I shared a cave with a Deathsong, and now he thinks I'm in love with him. Welcome to the wonderful insanity that is my luck!

"STOP RUNNING!"

"NO!

"PLEASE?"

"GO HOME!"

"FINE...BE THAT WAY. CAUSE IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, NO ONE CAN!" He said shortly before coating one of my wings in amber

Now I don't know if you know, but usually when your flying over an ocean and you lose flight capabilities in one of your only two wings you tend to panic. Not me though...

"AHHHHHHHHHH-gurgle" ...nope, totally faking it. You see, my species can swim due to a natural predator we had that would injure one of our wings then drown us when we tried to resurface. Yeah they were pretty sadistic when it came to hunting us. But anyway, like I was saying, I can fly and swim. Hate having to fake drowning though...usually end up coughing water up for an hour or two.

Well, after the crazy Deathsong left I decided to start swimming with a northern current. Adventure was calling, and I seldom let that call go unanswered. I traveled with that current for about three days, all the while melting through the amber encasing my wing. On the fourth day I found a bunch of Islands, one in particular caught my eye. I saw viking like structures on it.

'Oh goody, a thing to avoid at all costs!' I thought to myself. 'What's next? A Whispering Death?' and, surprisingly, nothing happened. I didn't question why one didn't magically find me and decided to pick a fight...that would be inviting Loki to make it so. I decided to find a cave to hunker down and possibly find a fishy hole. 'Cause fishy holes are awesome...innuendos are awesome too, but I'll use one a little later. An hour of searching later and I found the perfect one. It had a Fishing hole in it, and the mouth of the cave was positioned in such a way that unless you were looking for it, you wouldn't even notice it. I decided to melt the last little layer of amber preventing my flight capabilities, then go into the flooded cavern below for fish. Managed to catch a few eels whilst diving, so my luck was semi awesome. The salty goodness of eels are lost on most dragons, as they fear them...this fear only applies to flying dragons, as water dragons also share my love for eels.

"Toothless buddy, I'm not so sure this cave is abandoned...those scorch marks look recent." I hear a human say

'Wait what? WHAT?' I thought to myself, panicking. Even though I was under the water I could hear they were close.

"Yeah I know Hiccup." A dragon says in reply

'So...one dragon and one human based on the footsteps and voice tones. Don't know which is more deadly due to me not being able to see them. Time to wait for them to-

"So...should we wait for the occupant to come back since your the one who dragged us out here?" the Dragon asks

'Please say no, for the love of the gods say no.'

"Yeah, like that hasn't ever come back to bite us." the human responds

'Dear gods they are taking to long...time to find another cave.' I thought to myself, jumping out of the fishing hole...

...and straight into a Nightfury. 'Dragon hunters? How do I always get into the situations?' "Pardon me, just gonna leave." I say to the disorientated Nightfury, then attempting to run out of the cave. Now when I say attempting, I mean the Nightfury not only recovered faster than even I could from taking a skull to the bottom of the chin, but he also grabbed me by the tail and whipped me against the wall.

"Where do you think your going?" He said

"I plan on going on an extended vacation all points nowhere." I say 'Human is standing speechless in the corner, and I have a bloody Nightfury in front of me...today is just not my day.'

"Hiccup...kinda need you to not freeze." He said to the human

"Wha-What?" the human said

'So, the human is Hiccup...that means the Nightfury is Toothless. Odd, yet fitting name for a Nightfury. Still...dragon hunters are dragon hunters.' "So, how is this going to happen...you going to subdue then brainwash me? Or are you just going to kill me?" I ask

The Nightfury looked almost shocked at my words. Something no Dragon hunter Dragon ever shows. "What? What do you mean?" He asked

"You...your not...your not members of the Dragon hunters?" I ask

"What is it saying Toothless?" Hiccup asked

"So he can understand you but not me...intriguing. Almost as interesting as you."

That caused even more confusion to go across his face. "How am I interesting?"

'Oh...oh no. He doesn't know.' "You, you don't know do you?"

"Know what?" Toothless asked

"Toothless what is it saying?" Hiccup asked

"I have no idea Hiccup, that's what I am trying to figure out." Toothless said, looking at him for a moment before turning to me with questioning eyes.

"The Nightfuries, their Island was attacked and destroyed. The only one's I know that survived are the Dragon hunters mounts. I am so sorry...but you are the last free Nightfury." I said with sadness in my heart. I could relate.

"What do you mean 'last free Nightfury?'"

"I mean exactly that...every Nightfury that survived the fall of Sombra Island was brainwashed...and used as mounts for the Captains." I said

"Okay listen...I may not be able to understand you, and I don't know if you can understand me, but if what I heard from toothless is right then you know where captive Nightfuries are?"

"You, I need you to translate." I said, pointing at Toothless. "Yes I do, and they can't be saved. Nothing can reverse what has happened to them short of death."

When Toothless translated what I had said, Hiccup looked up at me in shock. "Brainwashing can be reversed." He stated

"Maybe if it was a Bewilder Beast that had done the majority of it...but they used chemicals that they made artificially using dragon blood, and beat the resistance out of them. I witnessed what happened, and experienced it firsthand...there is no saving them. The bonds of love and kinship are eradicated during the process, and they are made into machines for one mindset. Find, Capture, Return, Repeat." I said, tears starting to from in my eyes

"Whoa, you ok?" Hiccup asked

"You care why?" I ask

"Because he can." Toothless said

"Why would...ugh, fine. Yes I am okay, and I am only going to say this one last time. They can not be saved...I've tried to reverse their damage once, and I'm telling you that it will not work." I said. "Now could you both please either leave, or let me leave?"

"Yeah...we are sorry for, well, disturbing you." Hiccup said, backing up with his hands up

"You know the Island with the human structures...feel free to swing by. I have a feeling that me and you are alot alike." Toothless said

'Oh you have no idea...' "Sure, will do." I said with a sad smile

Hi there, this is the author speaking. I really hope you all enjoyed reading this fic. If you hated it feel free to tell me why, and how I could improve it...and yes I do listen to constructive criticism. I shall, hopefully, see you in the next chapter. Goodbye!