Prologue

*RE-EDITED*

Yvonne's P.O.V.

Last week was my birthday, and I'm now officially sixteen. My name is Yvonne, and I'm a werewolf. Like every werewolf, we immediately shift when we're ten. Most likely because it's when we have double digits.

Unlike the others though, I'm the Alpha's one and only child. Mom died giving birth to me, so I'm all he's got. Unfortunately, he's getting weaker and weaker because like all werewolves, we can't live without our mates. Meaning that since i'm reaching adulthood his wolf is finally starting to give out, and that I had to quickly take over the role as Alpha

So, on my birthday my dad gave his title to me as an Alpha in front of the entire pack, named the Galaxies. Sadly, for me anyways, everyone knows I haven't found my mate yet, and they're starting to get really impatient, so two weeks from now, I have to go to the 'Teasing.'

It's stupid though because it's just a huge party in Las Vegas. Well it's a party for mateless werewolves around the world. Mostly it's teenagers to early twenty mateless werewolves.

Let's get this straight, the 'Teasing' is a huge party that's held annually once a year. Meaning only mateless wolves can enter the party. Same date, same time. Though I never attended it, until now.

I never did for three reasons. First of all, my pack, and I live in Georgia. Meaning, I'd have to waste money over some stupid party, that is full of rival werewolves. Which isn't at all a good idea because we're more likely to end up in a fight with other werewolves, then find our own mate. Secondly, if I went, everyone in my pack whose mateless would follow, and that's the worst because their too overprotective when it involves me, and it drives me nuts. Let's just say that now i'm Alpha everything I have to do is multiplied by ten. Lastly, unlike everyone in my pack, I don't want a mate. At all.

Not because I'm afraid, or anything like that, but I just don't want one, so I could be an object to the guy. I hate it when guys are possessive. I have enough overprotective and crazy people in my life, I don't need my mate to be like that. I should know, I dated the neighboring pack, Alpha's son. I was thirteen at the time, and crushed on him since I was a kid, so I was happy to finally go out with him. However, later on I dumped his ass, when he tried to control me, and not let me hang out with my best friend, Donny. Anyways I don't want a mate anytime soon. If I meet him at the 'Teasing' I'd probably end up running away from him, and hide my scent for the rest of the time we'd spend there.

It pisses me off that I have to go, since the party is only for mateless wolves, Donny can't come to my rescue, he's already mated to Marisa. Donny and Marisa are my Beta's since last week. Though thankfully, my Gamma, Ryan is coming with me, along with his little sister Ashley.

Now I'm the Alpha of the Galaxies pack, the third largest, and second strongest pack in the world. Though truth be told, I'm famous. Not because of my looks, or any stupid reason like that, but because I'm the only female Alpha there is. Not only that, but I'm stronger than all the other Alpha's in the world. In all honesty it's most likely, do to me being a 'Pure' wolf.

Pure werewolves are either fully black, or fully white. We're rare, and there's only five of us in the whole world. Only the Alpha bloodline, can be a Pure so the other four are all Alpha's, except their male.

The only thing that's different for me is that the males are white, and I'm an all black wolf. However, I'm the only black wolf in history, so I'm stronger than the white wolves. They say that when us Pure's are fully mated, and marked by our mates, we'll get powers. Like extreme out-of-this-world power But no one knows what type we will get, due to it never being recorded in history

So, I'm pretty unsure of what'll happen to me.

Anyways, a Pure is ten times faster, and stronger than a regular werewolf. We also have at least one hundred times better senses than others. Even our Alpha control is better. Meaning we don't become as out of control as other Alphas when their emotions are on overdrive.

Right now I'm counting down the days to the end of the party. At least a hundred of the mateless teens from my pack is coming to the party, thank Goddess the pack's rich. I had to buy a private plane for the whole pack, but I love them anyways, so I don't mind it much.

Though I have to thank the pack in Las Vegas because they own a huge plaza for werewolves only, and let's everyone stay for the week, so we can find our mates. That Alpha's a softie, but pretty cool.

So everyone's excited, and won't shut up about it. I love everyone in my pack, but they are so annoying this past week. Oh well. Hopefully, I don't meet my mate at the 'Teasing.' I'm just not ready. Not now. Not for a long time.