That's My Cousin

Tumblr Request: "Maybe YJ with the reader being Wally's cousin or smthn and dating Dick?"

[N/n] - Nickname

---

When you first moved to Gotham, you weren't exactly thrilled. Central city was safer and all of your friends lived there. Moving during your last year high school was a nightmare. Which led to you expressing your complaints to your cousin, as you always did. But were surprised when he proceeded to tell you it wasn't that bad.

"Come on [F/n], Gotham's not that bad. It has Batman and Robin and Nightwing." He explained and you crossed your arms, rolling your eyes. "Coming from the one who left his superhero team with 2 of those 3 on it."

"Bad example, but who cares? Me and Nightwing are still close. Would it make you feel better if I asked him to keep an eye on you?" He asked and stood up to be at your eye level.

You sighed and shook your head, "Fine. That would be a bit more comforting, but I'm still not happy about this." Wally sighed and wrapped an arm around you. "You'll be okay, I promise. Plus if anything happens I'm a phone call away."

You nodded and hugged him "Thanks Wal" He smiled and hugged you back "Anytime shrimp."

Now moving to Gotham was about what you thought it would be. The city was dirty and smoggy, which often made you stay up on the nicer side of Gotham where you had moved and where your school was. The one and only Gotham Academy.

You weren't thrilled to be going to this prep school either. You've gone to the same public school as Wally your entire life, you weren't used to uniforms and such strict rules. I mean no pants for girls? Seriously? What if it's cold?!

Anyway, with time you got used to it. You made a couple friends and found a niche, but it was average overall. It didn't turn into much until you met Dick Grayson. He was kind and sweet, he made sure to give you a hand whenever you needed it. It was a friendship, a friendship that turned into something else.

When he first asked you out, it was hard to contain yourself. The schools most eligible guy in school asked you out!? A few of the 'popular' girls made some snide remarks at you, but that didn't get to you.

A few dates after your first date, you were dating. After he asked you to be his girlfriend, you kinda freaked out when you got home. Immediately running up to your room and calling your best friend/cousin.

"Wally! You're never going to guess what happened!" You said the moment he picked up. He thought for a second, "You got an A on that Physics test you were worried about?" He questioned.

"No, well, yes but that's not why I'm excited."

"Why are you flipping out then?"

"Because you know that guy I've been going out with, the one I told you about?" You asked with a smile. "Yes, the one you won't tell me his name." He responded and your smile widened. "He asked me to be his girlfriend tonight and I said yes!!"

"Whoa! That's awesome [N/n]! I'm so happy for you! Does this mean I'll know the guy now? What's his name?" Wally had a large grin across his face and Artemis rose an eyebrow next to him, wondering what had him so happy.

You laughed, "Yeah! His name's Dick, Dick Grayson"

Wally froze, "W-what?" Your brows furrowed on your end of the phone, "His name's Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne's first adopted son. Wally he's so cute and sweet!"

"I-I have to go" Wally said and before you could say anything he hung up.

"Um, that was weird" You mumbled before setting your phone down, unaware that Wally had just sped out of his apartment.

At Mt. Justice:

Dick was in his Nightwing uniform and going over a few details for a mission with the team. Though was cut off by the zeta tube announcing. 'Kid Flash #B03'

Though before Dick could even look he was hit like lightning and pinned against the wall, a seething Wally eye to eye with him. "Wally?! What are you doing?!"

"ME! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YOU'RE DATING MY COUSIN?!"