Chapter Ten: The Start of Me and You

Bellamy's POV

There are some moments in your life that are so shocking that your brain cannot process their enormity in the moment, moments where your eyes can't believe that what you are seeing is real. Your mind tries to protect you, from the potential heartbreak of realizing that what we are seeing is reality, unfortunately that also means that, sometimes, we don't believe the things that are actually real.

In this moment everything around me moves in slow motion and i can heart my heartbeat thumping in my ears. My mind can not wrap itself around the reality that Clarke is here. Clarke is dead, she died six years ago.

I used to daydream that she was actually alive and i would imagine our reunion, and now was one of those times. Clarke is dead. It isn't possible.

But it seems so real.

I want it to be real.

"Bellamy," she says, her eyes wide, tears streaming down her face. I take a step closer to her, unable to stop staring at her.

"You're not real." I say, unaware of the tears that are falling down my own cheeks. She starts to cry harder, and steps closer to me and looks me straight in the eye. "I'm real, Bellamy. I'm here, I'm real." She says, pleading with me.

The whole world tilts on its axis as my brain struggles to decipher reality from fiction.

I cup my hands around her face, "Clarke, you're dead." I tell her, a familiar ache filling my chest. "You died six years ago."

"Oh Bell," she says, tears flowing from her eyes, "I didn't die, the nightblood worked, I'm here, I'm alive."

There is only one way to know if she's real. Despite the terror of the sliver of hope that starts filling my heart, i tackle her in a hug, my body connects to hers as we collapse to the ground and she hangs onto me. She's real, she's here.

I'm on top of her, staring into her eyes. She's so beautiful that my chest aches. My tears drop onto her cheeks as she smiles up at me. God i missed her.

I realize that i am still lying on top of her and i stand up quickly, reaching out my hand to help her up. I can't tear my eyes away from her. She can't take hers off of me either. She wraps her arms around my neck, "Oh my god, i missed you so much!" She says, breathlessly.

I squeeze her tightly and whisper, "Your really alive! I thought- i thought you were dead." The enormity of it all hits me and i step back, the realization takes me breath away. This isn't real, it's a hallucination. My mind is playing tricks on me. It feels real, but it's can't be.

I just warp my arms around Clarke and hold her as tight as i can, breathing in her nearness and feeling her heart thudding against mine. I don't know how i ever made it a day without her.

She buries her head in my shoulder, this time though my tears are tears of happiness.

After a few minutes Raven pipes up, "Okay, come on Bellamy, you gotta share Clarke." Clarke laughs, and we untangle ourselves from each other. Clarke and Raven step towards each other and Raven throws her arms around her.

Raven breathes a sigh of relief, these past six years it has been a constant burden for her, wondering if she could have done something different or waited longer, or anything that could have saved Clarke. All that guilt had been weighing heavily on her heart this whole time, and now she could finally let it go.

"I'm glad you didn't die," she says her tears dripping onto Clarke's shoulder, then she pulls back from Clarke, their arms holding each other up. Clarke smiles, and they both laugh.