" true forgiveness = happines "

Start from the beginning

"Z-Zoey s-stop p--." I tried to say.

"Just be quiet baby, it'll feel better soon." He said to me.

I continued to try and move his hands but he was way stronger than me. Visions of what Jim had done to me flooded my mind. Tears immediately shot out of my eyes and I shrieked, catching Zoey off guard. Seeing how scared I was, he quickly pulled his hand out and wiped it on a towel that was near him. He tried to wrap his arms around me and I scooted away. I felt helpless, just as I had felt when Jim wouldn't stop. He said the exact words Zoey had said when he first began touching me. Even after he had realized what he'd done, Zoey's apologies went in one ear and out the other..

"Baby wait, just listen to me." He begged. "I ain't mean to scare you Savannah I swear. I just got carried away with things.. you gotta believe me baby. You know I would never hurt you in that way."

"... Just take me home." I sniffled, wiping my face.

He sighed and we both got out of the trunk and got back into the car. The entire ride back to my house was silent. I didn't want to talk, let alone be near him. Maybe Dad was right about Zoey.. he just can't control himself and that scares me. What if one day he doesn't stop? I wouldn't be able to handle it.. it would for sure send me into another deep depression. As we pulled into the driveway, I let out a sigh of relief only seeing Regina's car. Zoey tried to kiss my cheek but I held my hand up, grabbing my things and walking towards the door. I turned around and watched him give me a saddened look before driving back down the road.

I walked into the house and saw Regina nervously tapping her dark purple nails against the countertop with the house phone in her hands. When she saw me, she gave me a disappointed look, pointing to the kitchen chair, telling me to sit down. I dropped my book bag and plopped down in the chair, laying my had on the glass table.

"Savannah," She spoke in a low tone. "Your school called. You've missed every class after your first period. You had me worried sick."

"Zoey and I decided to skip." I mumbled. "I totally regret that now.."

"Tell me what happened sweetie.." She sat down across from me, rubbing my hand.

"We went down to the lake and were just talking and stuff, and then we kissed.. and it became more heated.. he just wouldn't stop Regina." I began to cry into my hands.

"Oh sweetheart." She pulled me closer to her. "Teenagers have these raging hormones and they just control themselves. I'm sure Zoey didn't mean any harm, but you have to set boundaries. If you're not ready for anything sexual, don't let your kisses become to intense. Stop things before they go too far. Zoey and I have talked, and we both understood what happened to you back at home, and he promised me that he would never make you feel that way. Sometimes the men in our lives screw up, they can't always be perfect honey. But you know you've got a good man, when he knows when he's wrong and he tries every possible thing to earn your forgiveness. Wait it out and see, if Zoey is truly what he says he is..." She explained to me, rubbing my head.

"Thank you so much Regina." I smiled through my tears. "I knew you'd understand."

"You're welcome Savannah." She smiled back. "I'll make sure your father doesn't find out about any of this."

"You're the best." I kissed her cheek before grabbing my bag and hurrying back up to my room.

~

Later that night after finishing my homework, studying, and a long relaxing bath, I was ready to call it a night. As I was pulling my hair into a large bun, I heard my laptop ringing on my bed. Flopping down on my bed, I opened my laptop, answering the Skype. I quickly regretted it seeing Zoey's face pop up. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, annoyed already.

"What Zoey?" I said, glaring at him.

"Baby don't be like that." He sighed. "I been calling and texting you all night. I know I fucked up, I fucked up real bad. I ain't never had to deal with no type of situation like this. You know, all the shit you been through with your stepdad. It's a lot for me to take in too.. Baby I really do apologize, I know I went too far. I gotta learn how to respect you and how you feel about things. I should've listened to you when you told me to stop.. Not talking to you for these few hours has been killing me babygirl. I can't stand you being mad at me, I miss you. Can you please forgive me baby?"

"I can't forgive you that quickly but, I appreciate you making efforts to let me know how sorry you are." I said to him. "But you gotta do more than that."

"I'll do whatever it takes Savannah." He said seriously. "If it'll earn your true forgiveness, I'll do it."

"Mm, okay." I rubbed the side of my arm. "I'm tired, so, I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow.."

"Alright baby." He nodded. "I love you."

"... I love you too."

I closed my laptop and placed it back on my nightstand. After turning my lamp off and bundling up under the soft covers, I smiled to myself. Watching Zoey practically beg for my forgiveness should be fun...