Mad Hatter

(̅_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̲̲̅̅̅Chapter 3_̅_̅_̅() ڪے  

Dearest You,

It has been a long time since I possessed an item of my own, you are about to be filled with such twisted words and dark revelations. You are about to enter my mind and it is one of the most dreadful places you'll ever be in.

You have no choice but to be introduced to my secrets; for you and I are to be one. You are without a brain, not human but I would expect you to be with me till the end of my peace.

December 12, 2013

I woke up with a start. It had nothing to do with my dream but with my thirst.

My body was shaking, my mind wasn't thinking, my heart was beating so fast. I wanted it to end but I can't. I know I can't.

My hands started to sweat yet my body felt cold, I decided to walk around the new area I live in to ease out this feeling.

"Hi, what are you doing at this late of night?" As I rounded the block, I almost bumped into someone taking an evening jog. I reminded myself to stay focused and not fly away while exposed.

She was panting as those words left her mouth, our presence both startled each, "Oh, I just moved in today, just familiarizing myself." I scratched the back of my head as a sign of uncertainty towards having this conversation with her.

The light of her watch illuminated a tanned face visible through her hair sticking out in all directions. "Seems like I still have a few more minutes to run, mind if I show you around the neighborhood?"

Now listen, I didn't intend for this to happen, I showed her signs that I didn't want to engage with her, however, this felt like an open chance.

You know when you lost balance and accidentally fell off a cliff but then, a hand was out to grab you, save you from falling to your own death. She was that hand out to help me.

"Everyone in this town is friendly, except for the oldie who lives in that rotten house." It's been exactly thirty seven minutes of us strolling around, she indeed was the tour guide that I needed— for she not only pointed out who lives in a particular area but she also mentions their personality.

The house she pointed at was ancient in a worn-out form. It was huge, it's as if it was speaking to you "don't come near."

"That's probably the only creepy thing around here, even standing outside makes me shiver, brr." She even hugged herself at the notion. I chuckled at her reaction as we moved our way.

I didn't know that the habitat I am now dwelling in is feared by a lot of people.

After some time, Lilian brought me to a nearby café that was still lit up in the middle of the night. I can tell that it was old and doesn't have much security.

The air wasn't cold yet for the upcoming winter but I sure do need some rest after putting up with her.

"I once had a doll the same hue as your eyes and I can't help but stare..." It was true, her eyes were captivating under the dim light, it was taking me to places, even towards the childhood that I had spent with my voodoo doll.

She coughed, "why are you sharing me such memories?" Lilian was a bright girl, but pretty is the only word I could associate with her. How can a bright girl be friends with someone she just met?

It has been quite a while with each other's company, of course we did share and talked about ourselves at some point, "because I have a feeling that we'll never meet again." I spoke.

As we stepped outside ready to bid farewell, "You're beautiful..." it was almost like a whisper coming from her. I almost choked as a response but hid it in a cough.

Maybe it was the way the moon hid my true identity or the comfortable atmosphere that we both shared that made blurt out, "well, Lilian, you're the glittering stars up above."

She stares, I felt a shiver run down my spine. I don't like it when people look at me for too long, it's as if she's reading my mind, looking into my soul.

To break the awkward fill, I suggested to go through the forest behind the café.

"Uh, I think that's a bad idea?" Her face immediately fell as I spoke of the large trees.

As I was about to convince her, Lilian let out a breath, "Okay... it's because you paid for the drink!" She smiles.

I learned five things about her.

1. She's an aspiring journalist like her parents.
2. She fears death.
3. She felt love, thrice.
4. She traveled to 9 different countries at seventeen.
5. She likes me.

As we ventured our way, sounds of crunching branches and falling leaves made us turn.

"Someone's following us..." She held my hand, "No, no one's there." I assured her and we talked our way out.

At the heart of the forest, a huge portion of trees were cleared, there was a stunning sight of the sky. We both took our time into staring at its beauty with wandering views.

My hands twitched and something within me whispered.

Though there were no shooting stars present, I wished to be at peace.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the person in front of me. She was like the sky, so beautiful that it felt right to let her be part of it.

"W-why?" Were her last words as I hit her head with a nearby rock.

I pounded it so many times until I saw red, this is the power that begged to be released since I step foot out of my haunted abode. The blood flow to my brain and muscles increased as adrenaline was pumping me alive.

Only the pounding of my heart is all I hear, it's these sensations that my body seeks in times of being dormant, It's the ability to feel, the realization of life within myself.

I took my trusty friend and thrust the sharp edge onto her neck as I imagined it as wood being sawed in half, only to have the warmth of her blood coat my lonely skin.

What thrilled me more was seeing her choking and mumbling inaudible words. She struggles like she wanted to fight, like she wanted to be in control.

But only I have that power.

The once exquisite eyes she possessed locked with mine; I held a mischievous grin as I saw my bloodied hands take away the life out of her blue.

"Goodbye Lilian, I liked you. You lived a wonderful life, rest in peace now." I closed her eyes as I sent one more bone cracking smash on her neck.

As I was cleaning her remains and wiping out the last piece of evidence, it took me almost an hour to process,

"Shit, what have I done?"