"I don't like it," he whimpered. He sucked in a deep breath and lifted his head up a little, showing me his red, teary eyes.

"What don't you like?"

"What you did," he shook.

I thought back, thinking over every move I made. He was fine until we spoke about Lisa. He was gonna call her a whore, so I covered his mouth. Was that it?

"When I put my hand on your mouth?"

He nodded.

"Why did that make you upset?"

"Dad did it," he said emotionlessly. "So Mom..couldn't hear what he..,"

I caught on completely and took in a deep breath. Holding my arms out, Hunter moved inbetween them and wrapped his own around me. His head fell into my chest and he whimpered more as I tried to calm him down.

"I'm sorry. I wont do it again," I assured him. "I wont do it again,"

***

I sat in the waiting room, wanting time to speed up. I had another 10 minutes before I could take Hunter home, and then that was going to be hard work because now Lisa was bringing her daughter..who Hunter deeply despised.

Kat didn't know about Hunter's attempt at suicide. I'd decided not to tell her anything because I saw how upset he got the last time I told her about his past. Maybe if things got more serious with me and Lisa, maybe if we were married one day and they were related, then I'd tell kat things. She'd deserve to know if her step brother was alright.

Hunter didn't really remember much of what he did last night. He knew he took a couple of white tablets and drunk 2 full bottles of wine. He'd needed his stomach pumped and his head was in agony for a few days, but after that he was fine. Suicide watch for a while, Doctors made sure he didn't need help from a mental hospital. I talked them out of that. Hunter in a mental hospital would just be choas.

Besides, he was sort of getting better. Well, maybe not better. He was..changing. He was changing a hell of a lot. When I first saw him, he was a cute little traumatized boy in need of love. He'd been like that for a while. Then I brought him home. And he'd changed since then.

He swore a lot more and he picked up some sort of an attitude. He was just angry at the world when he wasn't angry at himself. I knew he cut. I tried my best to stop it. I didn't check his wrists cause I knew that would make him uncomfortable. But I got really strong razors so he couldn't pick the blade out. I hid sharpeners so he couldn't fight the blade from that. Scissors, knives, forks, anything sharp was locked away in a cupboard which only i had the key to. All that Hunter had was repeatedly banging his head against a wall which he did quite often. He was gonna give himself a concussion soon. He'd already dented the wall.

Hunter was still cute as hell, don't get me wrong. He still had that look of innocence in his eyes. But looking deep into him, you could see the anger. His fists clenched, his eyes glared, he was just angry. And I didn't know what the hell to do. I couldn't shout, he'd get scared and freak out more than needed. But I couldn't let him off because then he'd just become completely out of control.

The door opened and I smiled as Hunter walked out, followed by Dr Brown. That's when my smile faded though and I sighed. Dr Brown had a burst lip.

"Hunter,"

-

{ Hunter }

"I'll be back soon," Chris leaned towards me and ruffled my hair. He walked over to Lisa, kissed her slutty lips and gave me some sort of sympathetic smile as he walked out. He was gonna go talk to Dr Brown, say sorry because I punched him. Chris was mad at me. But he didn't know why I punched him. He didn't know why.