Last Goodbye II

A potion sits on my desk. With a note attached in an elegant cursive from none other than Tom Marvolo himself.

Dearest Eliza,
I hope you find it within yourself to engage in this little gift of mine, an energizing potion ( not a love potion if you were wondering [I was]  I have better assets than that for making you agree to my requests. )
I hope you won't be too tired this evening
Yours faithful humble lover,
Tom M. Riddle

I snorted in indignation

I had dressed up in a flowy lilac gown my hair open except for a braided tiara which was lined with small diamond roses.

Olivia was dressed in a sky blue Cinderella gown which had a grey gradient her hair were left open and curled at the edges she wore moonstone earrings and pendant.

"You look gorgeous." I tell her.

"Likewise.  don't forget to take Riddles gift."
She says motioning towards the packet wrapped up in a green snakey wrapping paper.

"Yeah."

She leaves before me After all She has Abraxas for her date. She is probably gonna snog him.

Who am I to complain I have the best boy pursuing me.

But I guess that's the problem I want his love not his games. I want his genuine smiles not his gifts.

I descend down the stares. I see him, fire in my veins probably from the energy drink. Seeing me he changes the color of his tie to lilac from green.

Before he can say anything however I hand him his gift.

"What is this?" Seriously could he be more dumb

"A gift."

"For whom." Apparently he could be dumber even though he looked cute with his eyebrows furrowed.

"You."

"Me." He looked genuinely surprised.

And then I realized nobody must have given him a gift. I didn't have any idea about orphanages but I was pretty sure they didn't even feed him properly let alone give him gifts.

"Well I said aren't you going to open it." I said.

"Oh ... yea..yes.. of course."

He peeled away the covering very carefully.

He opened the first page it had his name engraved on it in pretty golden letters a handwriting rivaling his own.

He remained impassive.

"Well I thought a brilliant mind like yours has so many great ideas and grand schemes. So if you wanted to talk to someone or just add reminders you could use it."

He looked at me differently as if seeing me actually me not a pawn in his games.

"Thank you." He said drawing it out with difficulty and he didn't need to say more.

He caught my hand as if it was made of glass and led me to the ballroom. The chandeliers glittered icicle butterflies fluttering their wings. People were laughing dancing.

The headmaster stood on the dais. He clapped twice calling for attention.

"Welcome to founders day celebration . Before  the celebrations begin I would like to invite on stage our honorable student because of whom the school has overcome a major crisis. To award the student a trophy for his special services. Tom Riddle please come on stage."