A WIFE FOR A WIFE

Ying Yue woke up to a pale glimmer of moonlight, taking her a few moment to remember where she was and what happened, whether it was all a nightmare or not. It's still dark and it was dark when she arrived, she wondered if his place harbors eternal darkness...sadness, and if she's ever going to see the sun again.

It wasn't a nightmare, she's still in this house which looked different somehow. It's cleaner, the clutter of mess was gone, the dishes cleaned, and the furniture are somehow nicer. When did Banye brought them in? And how come she didn't wake?

She groaned picking herself up, blinking herself to her new reality. She whipped her head and saw Banye sat at the end of the couch where she laid sprawled, he was gazing at her, waiting for her to wake up, his face oddly solemn for a demon.

Pervert!

"Welcome back sleepy head." He murmured quietly, conversationally, and smiled. "I was wondering when are you going to wake up."

She thought about it, she recalled thinking of a way to escape, she must've fallen asleep instead. The sheet resting over her chest fell and noticed her clothes had been changed, Ying Yue was about to make a protest when she felt the numbness in her head as if she spent the last couple days asleep.

Her hand cradled her head, swimming in dizziness. "How long have I been asleep?"

Banye shifted, and moved, getting up to the kitchen, tending to the hissing kettle of hot water. He poured the hot liquid to two cups. "I didn't want you to escape. I know that's the first thing you're going to do, so I helped you sleep."

Anger licked her. "You mean you put me to sleep!"

"Well, you can think of it that way, too." He flashed her an innocent grin. "You were asleep for three days."

She frowned at him, biting her tongue back. She didn't want anymore fighting and arguments. She's tired of it. That's all she ever did with Jian and frankly, she didn't think Banye is worth it, losing all her emotions the way she did with Jian. 

Her thoughts wandered back to Jian, worried for her husband. He must be searching for her now.

"You know the other girl just screamed and screamed for your husband to rescue her. She was so annoying, I thought she was going to to drive me nuts!" He chuckled as he sauntered back to her offering the steaming cup of fresh tea, distracting her thoughts away from Wang Jian, Banye knows she's thinking of him.

Ying Yue hesitated, her eyes on the cup, wondering whether he spiked it with something. If he put her in sleep for days, he would have the freedom to do other things. She refused it.

"Take it, Fei" He said softly. "I won't poison you."

Her head shook wearily, she doesn't trust him, his kindness, his calmness. She'd seen him with his rage, his dark icy eyes without a hint of kindness. She feared him that night at the palace, the things he could do, the way he could crush her and take her soul just as she bargained. Demons are demons, they are manipulative, they lure desperate people, and Banye is no exception.

He'd done lured her during her most desperate state. She can't trust him.

"Fei..." He said with such calmness, pushing the steaming cup to her. "Take it and drink it. I spiked it with some calming herbs."

"I knew it!" She murmured to herself.

He snickered. "You were thinking I spiked it, so I may as well admit to it."

Ying Yue took the cup, letting it warm her fingers, bringing it by her face, allowing the steam warm her cheeks. Banye watched her, waiting for her to take a sip. She didn't, deciding she's going to dump the content when Banye is not looking.

Banye sighed and took the same spot he was sitting on while she curled her legs to her chest. "My name is Ying Yue not Fei." She said over the veil of steam, curling from her cup. Her gaze is on the brown water trapped inside the cup.

He whipped his gaze to her, stung. Blinking it away immediately. "Do you not like the name I gave you?"

"I have no use for it, I'm no longer in the human world trying to hide behind a different identity."

"You used it for five years, now you're changing your mind? Tell me exactly the reason why, because I could tell it wasn't."

"Because, I hate you! You tricked me!" Her sharp words stabbed through his chest.

"I gave you what you wanted." He snarled softly.

"You lured me into dealing with you!"

Banye's grip on his cup tightened cracking it, spilling some of the liquid on his hand. He vanished the cup into thin air, wiping his wet hand on his pants.

A moment of rage that vanished ever so quickly.

He grinned, showing his gleaming set of white teeth, charming without even trying. "I do like this little arguments we're having! It's like were a couple already!" He purred.

A wife for a wife, his own words slipped in her head, remembering how vague he was when he said it.

It was her suspicion, not at all a conclusion, but if Banye wanted her dead, he could have snapped her head a long time ago.

No!

Her own grip tightened on the cup of tea, crushing it entirely and cutting her fingers bloody. Her blood dripped on her clothes mixing with the brown spot of tea drenching her lap.

"Look at what you've done, I never took you for someone so clumsy." Banye was getting ready to get up to fetch a rag when he noticed Ying Yue's expression frozen in shock.

He smiled, and his smile was testy, he didn't know whether he should be smiling when she looked as shocked as she is.

Finally he laughed. "I was kidding! Try to relax, Fei! I might be a demon, but..." He exhaled. "Never mind, I'm that kind of demon who steals a prince's bride after all." His laugher grew louder amused with himself.

Banye picked up her bleeding hand, glaring at her dripping blood, stung by the waft of fresh mortal blood, feeling his heat rise, her aroma is intoxicating, her soul for him to devour, consume, whenever he wants.

He exhaled yanking himself back to reality. "Stay, let me get you a rag."

He walked away while Ying Yue  ran for the door so fast she was at the door yanking it open to escape.

Banye snarled tossing the rag to the side and lunged, his arm was on her waist. He tore her hands away from the door. His touch was hot, scorching, and she squirmed trapped in his arm. His hold was firm, and admonishing, until he pried her away from the door. He picked her up to him.

His barred teeth on her ear, growling. "Don't even think about it, Fei. You can't escape me."