Victour laughed lightly.

'Whatever it was, it made you an expert at seeing through bullshit'

I shrugged a little bit too smugly.

'What can I say, I'm an expert at spotting liars'

Just as I was saying this, the doors to the Garrison burst open, revealing Inspector Campbell and two accompanying police officers.

Pol instantly grabbed my knee under the table, her face turning white as a ghost.

'Well, what do we have here?' Campbell asked sarcastically, his mustache twitching under his nose. 'A party without my invitation?'

I pulled Zelda and Esme to my side and told them to take Pol into one of the back rooms to calm down. The last thing we needed was Campbell seeing her and doing any more damage than he'd already done.

Tommy sparked a match and lit the cigarette hanging out his mouth.

'What do you want Campbell?'

Despite Tommy's cool and collected demeanor, I could tell everyone else in the room was on edge. Partygoers had stopped dancing and the music had stopped playing, everyone's attention now focused on the situation at hand.

I looked over to John, Arthur, Stubzy, and Victor to see that their playful expression had suddenly dropped, and that they were now entirely attentive to Campbell and his men. Each one of them discreetly had a hand on the gun in their back pocket, a safety precaution if any conflict were to resume.

'Cant a simple man come and enjoy a party without his intentions being questioned?' Campbell inquired satirically.

'But you're not a simple man, are you Campbell' Tommy stated, exhaling a cloud of smoke. 'So why don't you stop fucking around and tell us why you're really here'

'As if I need a reason to be here. Lord knows you Blinder's are always up to something illegal'

A slight smirk spread across Tommy's lip.

'And yet here you are, with no proof again'

I grinned softly to myself.

That was my man.

Campbell rolled his eyes and turned his attention to the room, standing tall with his henchmen behind me.

'I've come here to talk with you about Cheltenham' He stated sharply. 'As well all know racing season is quickly approaching, and there is no doubt in my mind that you Shelby's are up to something'

'Yeh, we're still waiting on that proof buddy' Arthur noted sarcastically putting his feet up on the table, earning a low chuckle from the other Blinder's in the room.

Campbell ignored his comment and continued.

'As many of you may know I am now the Major of all police operations functioning in the Midlands. That means I have quite the platoon under my belt in terms of keeping the law in order around here' He nodded proudly, but it soon turned to anger. 'So don't even think about attempting anything sketchy at the races. I have eyes everywhere'

'Is that all?' Tommy asked, the dry tone of his voice insinuating that Campbell's threats were having no effect on him.

Campbell smirked, almost as if he'd expected this reaction. He grinned sinically.

'Miss Jones?'

I saw Tommy's demeanor instantly harden as Campbell's squinty eyes scanned the room to find me.

Once his beady pupils landed on mine, his smirk grew.

'All charges and inquiries have been dropped against you in the case of Budgie and Ted. Their deaths have been ruled as a joint suicide' He sucked his teeth, obviosuly not convinced by the verict.

'You're a very lucky woman Miss Jones'

'Luck has nothing to do with it Inspector' I stated matter-of-factly. 'Like you said, their death was a joint suicide'

Upon noticing his little digs at the truth weren't working, he nodded his head.

'I can see when I'm not wanted'

'Took you fucking long enough' John glared.

Campbell put his tophat back on and began to make his way over to the Garrison doors, his two henchmen slowly lulling behind him.

However before he left, he turned back one last time, a wicked glow in the midst of his eyes.

'Oh, and say hello to Polly for me'

A smug smirk spread across his lips as the door slammed behind him.

I saw red.

I stood up and stormed across the length of the room, aiming for the Garrison doors so I could catch up with Campbell and show him what pain really was. I would have made it too, if Tommy hadn't of caught me mid-rage.

He grabbed me by the hips, already cottoning on to what I was about to do.

'Tommy let me go' I squirmed in his hold, trying to pry his hands off my waist.

'Not gonna happen' He replied, only holding onto me tighter.

'That bastard's lived long enough. He needs to be put 6 feet under' I wriggled again in his grip.

He turned me around in his arms, the glow of anger in his eyes matching my own.

'His days are numbered. I have something planned'

'Good' I breathed, trying to control my anger. 'It better involve a lot of pain'

He smirked.

'Don't worry. You'll be able to release some of that fire I know you've got inside you very soon'

I grinned wide, the dangerous side of my personality flashing with delight.

***********************************************************************************************