Engagement?

Part 18

Evening

Khushi went to the kitchen to prepare her favorite Jelabies for DM. she has to offer jalebis for DM and she was happy for her Amma too. That was the tang, "RM" never smelled before. Even Ratna didn't prepare it ever. It smells too sweet. That aroma reached every corner of the RM. It dragged Arnav towards the Kitchen. Khushi was making a small jalebis mountain there. Arnav's eyes went wide open seeing that.

Arnav: Are you going to start a jalebis shop in Delhi?

Khushi got confused, because if he comes to the kitchen then he will taste the food, unlike today. He didn't even touch those jalebis which amazed her.

Khushi: Shop? How this little quantity is enough for a shop? This is not enough for me then?

Arnav jaw dropped.

Arnav(shocked): Are you preparing this for yourself? Will you eat this much sweets? He asked in disbelief.

Khushi: After all this is just two kilos. She said coolly.

Arnav (chuckled): Seeing your thin figure, no one will say, that you can eat this much.

Khushi: I can. Either if I'm happy or upset.

Arnav: ohh these jalebis are to celebrate your mother's successful operation then?

Khushi (nodded yes): This is for you. (she extended the plate which has few jaleabis)

Arnav was looking at her smilingly. He took a small piece from the plate and had it.

Arnav: It tastes too good.

Khushi: You can have more.

Arnav: I'm not lucky enough to have your hand made sweets.

Khushi(confusingly): But why?

Arnav: Because I'm diabetic.

Khushi was horrified. DIABETIC?

Arnav: I should not eat sweets.

Khushi: What? Are you a Diabetic patient? How pathetic?

Arnav: It's not so big deal.

Khushi(feeling sad): Without sweets what a life is this? We, people, use sweets to celebrate and enjoy our lives. Doesn't "sweets" part of our lives? Do not you really eat sweets? What's the use of your money, if you can't even eat sweets then? How will you share your happiness with your loved ones? I can't even imagine a life without sweets. She blabbered nonstop.

Arnav was gazing at her smilingly without breaking. She is a sweet girl. Her life occupied by "sweets" is amazing.

Arnav: Tell me one thing, if a poor man, who is in need of money got trapped in a desert for a week, prefers MONEY or WATER?

Khushi has no idea why suddenly he asked so.

Khushi: obviously water.

Arnav: why?

Khushi: Who can think about Money while dying?

Arnav: Like the same, we won't miss sweets when our lives surrounded by bitterness. (he said softly) your life is full of sweetness or you may have changed it sweetly.

So you are thinking about sweets. Will you do the same even though when you are weary of life? I'm expecting sweetness in my life instead of my mouth. I'm trying to get it by putting all my efforts (pause) nowadays. (he gulped) Can you understand what I'm saying? (he looked so vulnerable when he said)