58)

Mikes POV
"Sleep well then muffin?" Jack asked el once we had toned it down a bit and el was just cuddling into me.
"Yeah. I always sleep better when I'm with mike." She said. I grinned at jacks pathetic attempt at a fake smile. In your face, dick pile. I looked at the clock. It was almost 10.
"We better get dressed." I said. "I got you all your stuff in that bag." I nodded at the backpack in the corner.
Els POV
It was super tense in here for some reason and I knew it wasn't because of my and mikes fight. It was something else.
"We better get dressed. I got all your stuff in that bag," mike said, nodding at the backpack he brought. I smiled and got off of him. I picked up the bag and began stripping down. Mike didn't even have to tell jack to turn around, just one of his 'don't even' looks and his back was already turned. Mike on the other hand, did not turn his back.
Mikes POV
"Aren't you gonna turn around then?" El asked, holding her shirt infront of her chest with a grin. I leaned on the wall with a smirk on my face.
"Nope." I said, crossing my arms and enjoying the view. As soon as she was in a fresh set of jeans and a new shirt she threw the empty back pack at my face.
"I'll have to run and get you some more clothes later." I said.
"That won't be necessary," said shithead Stacey.
"What?" I asked.
"Well she's going home today so there will really be no need." She said. I grinned widely and picked el up, hugging her.
"So there's nothing wrong with her?" I asked with a huge smile.
"Well... I'll discuss that with jim later, but I'm just going to say take it easy and you'll probably be ok," she said. All I heard was 'ok.' El was ok! I kissed her quickly and grinned.

We sat around for the next hour playing chess and reading, acting it out to make el laugh. There was a knock at the door.
"Mike, there's someone to see you," a random nurse said. I looked at the clock. Bang on time. I smiled and eased el of my lap.
"Be right back, baby," I whispered and kissed her on the head.
"Ok," she said with a smile. My grin dropped slightly as I walked past jack.
"Don't you dare try anything shithead," I growled viciously. He just glared at me. I walked out of the door and into reception.
"Hey!" Said Richie.
"Hey," I grinned.
"Did she say anything about her birthday yet?" Lucas asked.
"Nope. Not mentioned it once. To be honest I think she forgot." I said. "Is it ready?" I asked.
Eddie nodded with an excited grin.
"My little spaghetti man has spent the last 10 minutes making sure everything is perfect." Richie said, pulling Eddie under his arm and messing up his hair. Eddie wasn't pin neat any more and just left his hair limp, and clearly didn't care, even though he pretended he did.
"Hey!" He whined.
I just laughed at them.
"Ok well go get her then, Jesus," max said. I put my hands up in mock defeat.
"Sorryyyyy," I said, dragging the y out sarcastically. She stuck her tongue out and Lucas pulled it quickly.
"Ew Lucas, that's so gross!" Max said, rubbing her tongue on her hoodie sleeve. I rolled my eyes.
"Idiots," I said under my breath. I went back upstairs and saw jack and el, still acting out 'Thumbelina' innocently.
"Cmon baby, we're going out," I said to el. She looked confused.
"Ok!" She said eagerly. "Where?" She asked with a heavy linger of curiosity on her voice.
"You'll have to find out." I said with a wink and wound my arm over her shoulder. Jack gave me a questioning look from behind her.
"Surprise birthday party," I mouthed. He nodded.

We all sat on the hospital wall waiting for hopper. As if on cue, hopper pulled up in his police truck and got out.
"Who's this then?" He asked with a small smile at jack.
"Jack Taylor. Pleased to meet you," He said, sounding very fancy, but the lopsided grin on his face making him look anything but. Still, of course, hopper seemed to like him.
"Jim hopper, chief of police and El's 'dad'"  he said, putting dad in air quotation marks. Jack smiled again and so did el.
"So hop where are we going?" She asked with a side glance at me. As if I wouldn't have told hopper to keep his mouth shut.
"Sorry kiddo, under strict orders to keep quiet," he said with a nod at me. "Well c'mon then or you'll never find out will you?" He said, opening the door for us. Jack got in the front whilst me and el sat in the back together. You know I genuinely think that she's forgotten it's her birthday. She hadn't even hinted at it all day, and if she did, it was very and I mean very subtle. After the long drive that went by in a flash, we arrived at the mystery destination...

A\N THIS IS NOT A CLIFF HANGER BTW JUST SO YOUS KNOW... UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KK ILY ALL BYEEEEEE XXX