09 closer

E D E N

E D E N

I think a small—very small—part of me thought Truman would show some sort of jealousy towards Miles saying he's my boyfriend. To my slight disappointment, he just sat there, leaning against the booth with this stupid smirk on his face. His eyes shifted between the two of is as if this entire scenario was absolutely hilarious.

Which it was not. At all.

"You're not my boyfriend," I pointed out, trying to push Miles' arm off me. He only held me tighter while shoving another spoon of cake into his mouth. "And stop eating my cake!"

"You said you hated it," Truman piped in. I shot him a glare, which made him laugh harder, his blue eyes practically shining with glee.

Fine. I'd kill them both.

"So," Truman said, leaning forward, "how'd you two meet?"

I gritted my teeth as Miles said, "My band played at the bar she works at." He sounded completely uninterested, the same way one would read off their grocery list.

I watched Truman as the realization set in, smiling vanishing from his face. Ah, there it The narrowing of his eyes, his mouth forming into a thin line. It was actually funny, watching Truman realize that Miles was the guy I slept with that night.

I decided to play along for a second, just to see how far I could push him. We said no flirting, but he wasn't exactly playing fair either.

"We're not dating," I said again, nudging Miles in the ribs. "It's casual."

"She means we're just fucking," Miles clarified to my own delight.

Truman choked on his milkshake, eyes bulging out of his head like those toy dolls you squeeze. I clamped my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

"Oh?" Truman said, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. He was talking to Miles, but his eyes were locked on mine. Watching, analyzing.

I grinned, nestling my head into the crook of Miles' shoulder. When I made a show out of running my hand down his chest then placing it on his thigh beneath the table, Truman looked like he was going to flip the table over.

"Like I said, it's casual." I let the word stretch out, running my tongue against my teeth. Truman swallowed, quickly looking out of the window.

It was almost too easy.

Suddenly, Truman stood up and walked off, huffing something that sounded like "bathroom". As soon as he was out of eyesight, I pushed Miles off of me.