The Officers

Jungkook was quietly typing on his keyboard, doing some research on a presentation that he has to prepare soon. His fingers moved endlessly, eyes focused on the screen.

This caused him not to notice the familiar figure entering his office.

"JUNGKOOK!!!" Mingyu screams with a grin, anticipating a shriek or a slur of curse words, but instead he gets a calmed hum.

Mingyu pouts and grumbles under his breath as he sits in front of the man, folding his strong arms together. For a moment, he watches quietly before Jungkook acknowledges him with a glance.

"What?"

"D'you know there's a new officer? And it's a girl?"

"Hm... I don't really care, nothing interesting about that. Why?"

Mingyu rolls his eyes, "Right. I forgot you got Jimin."

Jungkook nods at that, eyes not leaving the screen, making his best friend groan loudly. "Man, give me your attention please. I'm deprived of Wonwoo and only you can make me feel better!"

Sighing, Jungkook moves away from his monitor and gives a questioning look to his best friend, whom smiles at that. "Thank you! Anyways, let's get dinner later?"

"Lamb skewers. I'm deprived of Jimin too and it makes me hungry for lamb skewers."

"....... Lamb skewers it is then."

Having that it's practically their lunch break, Mingyu pulls Jungkook out of his room to bring him to the convenience store near the building. On the way, they talk about their love interests.

"Wonwoo is busy hiding from the paparazzis. Somehow, he gets into the spotlight again and some fans want him back!! Don't you find that ridiculous?!" Mingyu exclaims with an adorable pout, making Jungkook chuckle.

"Hyung must be feeling troubled, huh?"

"Obviously! Anyways, how's Jimin? The last time I saw him was last week? No?"

Jungkook hums as he thought of an answer, looking down at the ground. "He's been busy too. He's growing more popular so we can't really talk right now."

".... That's.... Wow."

Mingyu keeps quiet as he tries to look for something in Jungkook's face, only to find an emotionless expression. He sighs and nods, straightening his back as they arrive at the store.

They enter quietly, going straight to the drinks section in the chiller. "Where's the banana milk?"

"I don't know, I think it's there."

"Do I get chocolate or banana milk?! Shit."

"Both. But, I'm gonna get only banana milk because it's life."

"No! Chocolate milk is life!"

"Shut up, banana milk is the best!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!!!"

"Yeeesss!"

The only worker working that shift stares at the two officers bickering among themselves from the cashier counter, rolling his eyes as they argue over flavoured milk. I mean, seriously, milk?!

He thought police officers were supposed to be more rational. Well, he probably thought wrong.

Wrote in one go because

1 - I'm wasting my time withering in my emotions.

2 - I'm pretty sure you guys are tired of me taking hiatuses.

What's your favourite song in the Love Yourself : Tear album? Mine is The Truth Untold.