22. Sunnyside Cemetery

"You wanna head home?" I asked.

"Nah, I kinda wanna stay here for a while." Soda replied.

"You wanna go?" He asked.

"Oh, no I'll stay here." I replied.

"But, can we walk to the hill?" I asked.

"Sure." He smiled standing up.

"Which way is it again?" I asked.

"This way." He said pointing away to the left.

"Alright then. Let's go." I said standing up and walking with him.

"Can we go to the cemetery?" He asked. There's a creepy cemetery we pass on our way to the hill and he usually doesn't ever think about going there. Dally has forced me to go with him in the mornings a couple times because he knows if he took me in the night I'd be a little scaredy cat. Not that I'm not already one.

"NO!! Why do you want to go to the cemetery at like 10 o'clock at night?!" I exclaimed.

"It's not 10 o'clock." He chuckled.

"It almost is." I remarked.

"C'mon, please?" He pouted.

"Don't make that face." I said looking away.

"Pleaseeee." He begged standing in front of me as he walked backwards.

"No." I said looking at him.

"Please!" He screamed grabbing onto my shoulders.

"...... FINE! But if we get kicked out, I'm never going anywhere with you again." I said giving in.

"Thank youuuuuu!" He exclaimed hugging me.

10 Minutes Later

"Why do you even wanna go to the cemetery anyways? There's no one we know there." I asked.

"I'm just curious. I wanna see what my future grave is gonna be like-"

"Why? You're not gonna die any time soon." I said stopping him as I saw the cemetery in the view.

"Well we have lots of rumbles. Who knows? Maybe one day I could die or any of us could-"

"Stop. Don't ever think about that. You're not gonna die til I'm alive, nope. Not over my dead body.... Wait, that didn't make any sense." I said stopping myself.

"I mean technically it would be over my dead body, right? But still, don't ever say anything like that ever again, okay? I can't imagine what would happen if I lost one of you." I muttered walking in front of him.

He stood behind me looking at his shoes. I turned around and sighed.

"Are you coming or what?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm coming." He said kicking a stone and walking over.

"Are you sad now? I didn't even say anything insulting." I asked.

"I'm just thinking about stuff." He said walking to me.

"About what?" I asked as he pushed the doors of the cemetery.

"How scary this is gonna be." He said walking in.

"W-Wait, Soda." I said standing still.

"I-I don't wanna go in anymore." I whispered.

"Don't worry cupcake, it'll be fine." He said holding his hand out for me to hold. I slowly stepped towards his arm and as soon as it was in my reach I grabbed it and pushed myself into him.

"You just said i-it was gonna be scary" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'll protect you." He said.

"What is this place even called?" I asked.

"Sunnyside Cemetery." He replied as I jumped.

"What happened, what's wrong?" He asked worried.

"N-Nothing it just h-happens when I'm s-scared" I replied.

We walked further into the cemetery so that we could actually go see the tombstones and ashes.

"S-Soda, I-I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, I don't wanna g-go." I said breaking down, hugging him.

"We can come back in the morning if you want-"

"Hey!! Hey, who are you?! It's after hours!!" Someone screamed. I quickly wiped my tears trying not to seem like a baby.

"Shoot, we're gonna get caught up with the fuzz if we don't run out!! C'mon!" Soda screamed grabbing my hand and running towards the exit.

"I KNEW IT WASN'T A GOOD IDEA TO COME HERE!!!" I screamed frustrated.

"CLOSE THE GATES!!!" The security guard screamed.

"WHAT THE F.UCK I THOUGHT THIS PLACE IS OPEN 24/7!!" Soda exclaimed.

"EXACTLY WHY THE HELL WERE THE GATES UNLOCKED!?" I screamed again.

"SODA THEY'RE CLOSING, WHAT DO WE DO!?!?" I shouted.

"WE GO TO THE COOLER THAT'S WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO" He replied.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN!?" I asked.

"IF WE DON'T GET OUTTA HERE WE'RE GONNA BE SCREWED!" He replied running faster.

"THE GATES ARE ALMOST CLOSED SODA!!" I exclaimed running faster.

"NOOOOO!!!!!" We screamed as our bodies slammed into the locked gates.

"... We are so screwed"

IMPORTANT!!

Hi guys!!!

It's been a long time since I've last written. My grandma just got out of the hospital and I've been taking care of her day and night so I'm very sorry.

Like I said, I definitely won't be updating regularly until she gets better which might not happen as per the doctors words.

Either way, what I wanted to say was that I know this chapter is very short, it was meant to be this way as the next chapter should be longer and more exciting and eventful.

Anyways, back to the usual stuff, thank you so much for reading, please don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow me if you haven't already!! I love you guys so much!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️