Ch.32 - Moving Day

I'd arranged everything with the landlady and had it all planned so we would be able to go in, get everything, and make only one trip or two at most. Duval was borrowing a truck from a friend at work so they'd basically traded cars for the day, and Sam was going to drive my car. Luke had work, but said we could use his truck if we needed another one. I told them all I owed them a big home cooked meal for everything they'd done. Sam and Luke said just stay in their lives and keep Duval happy.

Sam was marking boxes and taking them out to the truck while Duval and I packed up my room, trying to figure out what should go where in the house and what should really be thrown out. He teased me about getting rid of my collection of cheesy romance books. I told him if I found any had magically disappeared during the move then he'd pay for it for a long, long time. He laughed and kissed my head, but he knew I was serious about it. My books were precious to me and he had his books like that. We'd teased each other about them for years, but when it came down to it we both knew we were serious about our books.

"I think we might end up needing to either change a room into a library or maybe add a whole new room on to the house." I let Duval think as I packed up the last of my clothes.

"Do you want any of my blankets at the house? They might come in handy if someone gets cold or if we end up all piling into the living room for some reason. Maybe during one of our family nights. I have plenty of blankets and pillows and they'd be great for that."

"Sounds like a plan to me. You want to have Sam take those in your car?"

I nodded at him and pointed to the closet. "They're in there. They should be all wrapped and ready to go into the car, I kept plenty of spares so when I wasn't using them I vacuum sealed them to keep them clean after I washed them."

"Little weird and almost anal, but okay. It's how you did things. Maybe everything will get used more often now?" He smiled.

"You never know. If Luke and Sam stop staying with us it might not be a bad idea to have the extra pillows and things vacuum sealed."

"I meant if we ever have any kids running around." He said, grabbing a pile of pillows and heading out the door to my car.

I stood there in shock. Kids? Kids running around? I couldn't wrap my mind around it. Do you really want kids, Duval?That was one thing I'd never really thought about. I wasn't sure I could ever have kids even if my partner wasn't a werewolf. With me being a shifter and changing form I'd always wondered if there was a chance that it had made me infertile or if it would cause terrible things to happen to the kids. Duval's dad had been a shifter from what he'd told me, but that was a male. His mom had been a werewolf, but he'd never said if that was before or after she'd had the boys. I wasn't sure Duval really knew which it was.

He came back in. "You do realize I was kidding, right? I doubt you'd want to risk having a boy or twins and them end up like Devlin. And my dad was a handful as a kid too. It's like we get worse and worse with each generation in my family, but I guess that's true of most families."

I took a deep breath and started shaking. "Don't ever joke about that. It's something I used to think about when we were younger. Not just about us, but about if I could even really have a family."

He nodded and pulled me close to him. "We'll ask Luke. He has more experience with this type of thing. If you really want to know, we can find out. It might be better to find out so we know how careful to be. At least it's not like either of us can catch anything from the other."

"Guess that's one good thing to say about shifter and were immune systems. We're extremely hard to infect with things."

"Extremely hard, if not impossible." He said, kissing my neck.

I smiled and shook my head, pulling away from him. "None of that right now. We have more to do still if we're going to get everything going in one move. Do you want anything from in my kitchen? My bathroom?"

"You're going to want the things from your bathroom just because they're your products and I doubt you want to keep using guy products. You might want to actually smell like you some time instead of smelling like me." He teased.

I nodded. "You're right, wouldn't want anyone to think I was a guy now, would I? That might cause some really awkward situations."

We continued on like that until everything was boxed up and ready. I had Sam call Luke and see when he was getting off work and for the guys to decide what they wanted for dinner. While I wasn't the best cook in the world and they all knew it, they also knew that I wanted to thank them as best I could and a home cooked meal was often the best way. Especially something big, with lots of meat in it. These guys were really carnivores at heart. They did like berries at least, so I could add some variety for them and a little extra flavor.