Ch.21 - Continuing the Job

It shouldn't be this hard! It was never supposed to be this damn hard! I was supposed to be the stronger one. I was supposed to be the leader. If he beat me then maybe he really did beat Demeter. And if he did beat Demeter that means that he's the rightful leader of the gang, but the gang is only shifters. Demeter should have killed...

Killed... Kill... Killing is good. Killing is the only option. Hunt. Kill.

The next night came quickly and Duval and Angeline were back in the basement, but this time they were in a side room that I didn't recognize. The others were hunting as usual, mostly just running around with each other so no one was alone, but I slipped away to see my brother and Angeline. It was the best time for revenge. Duval would do what mom had apparently done and lock himself up somewhere deep in the basement. From what I'd overheard from the night before it sounded like Angeline would probably be there and be defenseless. If Duval didn't have someone around to watch and make sure he didn't get loose then he would have to have a great lock or cage or something. Meaning Angeline would be outside of the cage or whatever it was in case he lost his mind and then she'd be completely defenseless.

You're mine. There's nothing you can do.