9 - S l e e p

A/N: Okay first of all

1K+ READS??!!

ARE YOU ALL INSANE

no seriously, guys: thank you so much! I still question your sanity, but do you all want something?? I feel like I should do something to acknowledge this??

Do you want a Q+A with me and Raph or something?? If you do, then comment your questions on this chapterrr

You were yawning by the time you and the guys got back to the lair. This, of course, didn't escape the observant, watchful Leo's notice, who seemed to exist purely to tell you whenever he thought you should do the boring thing and stay in the lair while the guys went without you.

"When do you guys go to sleep, anyway?" you asked, attempting to distract Leo.

Leo chuckled. "Whenever we get home."

"Oh."

''Not like it should matter to you, though,'' Raph added. ''Since you won't be coming with us anymore.''

"What?" You stared at him.

He smirked. "Oh, I thought that was made clear when you failed to defend yourself on our nightly patrol. Wasn't it, Leo?"

Leo winced. "Sorry, [F/N], but...Raph's right. It's too dangerous for you."

"Yeah, if you can't even defend yourself against the Purple Dragons, what chance do you have against...other threats?" Donnie added.

"I gotta agree with 'em on this one, dudette," Mikey chimed in.

You stared at them.

"You can still go out during the daytime, but...not on night patrols, okay?" Leo looked at you, checking your expression, you assumed.

"...okay," you said, shrugging.

I'll do what I want. If I want to go out at night, I'll figure out a way...somehow. They're not hard to follow, and they didn't even notice last time.

Leo looked surprised. "Really? Uh. Wow."

"So, do you guys have any human friends?" you asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah! We've got Casey and April!" Mikey piped up enthusiastically.

"Can I go to one of their houses' or something tomorrow?"

"Why would you need to?" Raph grumbled. "Do you desperately need something that we don't have down here?"

"Yeah, actually," you stated. "I need to shower. And we're, uh, kinda in the sewers, so, I'm not sure how clean the water is—"

Raph immediately looked offended. "Are you saying that we're—"

"That's totally understandable," Leo broke in. "We'll take you to April's tomorrow. And we can stop by a store or something, if you need anything else."

"Thanks," you said, relieved. You headed toward your room. "Well. Good night, guys."

"Good night," Leo, Donnie, and Mikey called out after you, Mikey's noticeably more enthusiastic.

"Good night, [F/N]," Raph muttered, inaudible to you.

A/N: Okay I'm sorry for the extremely crappy low-quality short chapter but I just wanted to update so—I updated.

Anyway, I've been suffering a little from writer's block and slow detachment from the show (this is what happens when I don't consistently watch episodes) and also I was on a trip too so

Can someone link clips of the show or smthn bc that would probably help my motivation please and thank you

I know I just changed the cover but I'mma probably change it again anyway

I hope to have a better & longer chapter after this one because y'all deserve better