3. Stitches

Red drove into town once again, this time with Lupin in the passenger seat. As she drove into town she noticed Jacob and a few of his men stacking up supplies just like last time. His attention instantly turned to the girl's truck as she drove past, smirking to himself when he saw the Judge in the passenger seat.

Jacob watched as the girl climbed out of her truck, leaving the Judge in its seat, and walked into the store. He just watched as she carried the crate out to her truck, struggling slightly but managing to place it in the back. He watched as she sighed and rested against the back of the truck, looking up to feel the sun on her face for a moment. Jacob cursed the large red hood for hiding her face from him but he cursed himself more for pining over the young woman.

She glanced at Jacob, hoping that he didn't notice, before climbing back into her truck. She drove past Jacob again, she watched him in the rear view mirror and blushed lightly to herself when she noticed that he was watching her drive away.

That evening Red was sitting on the step of her cabin and drinking a cup of tea with Lupin asleep by her feet. She was enjoying the cool evening air as the sun set and the sounds of the woods. She smiled lightly as she brought her mug to her lips, taking a sip of the tea. She heard the sound of growling and howling coming from the heavy blanket of trees, the sound woke Lupin up and he stood protectively. Red hummed and placed her cup down beside her before standing up, placing a hand on her gun just in case.

She watched with Lupin as a pack of Judges ran through the trees, completely ignoring her and the cabin. Once the pack faded from sight and they couldn't be heard, the woman calmed down slightly and went to sit back down but she heard movement again. "Fucking mutt" a familiar voice muttered from behind the trees.

"Jacob?" She asked carefully, sliding the gun out of the holster on her thigh.

"Ah little Red" he hummed as he walked into sight. "I thought that you would be safely inside by now" he commented as he entered the opening.

She didn't speak she just turned her gaze to his right forearm which was bleeding. "You're hurt?" she asked, he didn't seem bothered by the wound at all.

"Just a wolf, I already took care of it" he told her, neither of them approached each other but he couldn't help but notice that she didn't have a usual hood on but it was too dark to see her features clearly.

"I can-erm clean it and bandage it for you if you want" she offered awkwardly, definitely catching him by surprise. No body offers him something so kind, why would they?

"I can take care of myself" Jacob assured her a little harshly.

"I don't doubt that for a moment but since you are here and I have a few med kits, I could help" she hung her head, embarrassed that she even suggested it.

"Fine, only so it doesn't get infected" he mumbled before walking towards her. Red slowly placed her gun back into her holster and lead the soldier into the well lit cabin, sitting him on a chair in the kitchen.

She walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a med kit before walking back over to the red head, she placed the kit on the table and opened it. Jacob placed his wounded arm on the table and watched her carefully, Red could feel herself heating up under his gaze.

She used a damp cloth to wipe up the blood before cleaning the wound with alcohol, the man didn't even flinch as she did it. "It's deep. Going to need stitches and will scar" she whispered, not needing to speak very loudly to be heard. By this point Lupin was asleep in front of the fire in the living room.

The young woman was so close to him, missing a hood and in decent lighting. For the first time Jacob could clearly make out her features. She had long dark brown hair and light brown doe eyes, which made her look so innocent and vulnerable. She had fair skin, probably because her hood protected her from the sun, and full pink lips. Jacob only pined more for her.

Red also noticed how close they both where, she had already got a good look at the man in the past. However, seeing his scars and rashes up close was completely different. She wanted to care for them, to care for him, but she knew that he would never allow her to do such a thing.

As Red pulled out a needle and began to stitch up the wound, Jacob looked at her curiously. "How do you know how to do this?" he asked her.

"When I lived in Holland Valley I helped the few people who escaped from John or his men, would fix up their wounds and send them on their way" She told him, not sure why she was telling him all of this.

"Why did you move to the mountains?" Jacob asked, watching her nimble fingers work on his wound.

"John's men took control of the town I lived in so I escaped and moved over here" she whispered, unsure of whether he would be angered for her reasons or not. She did just admit to escaping the cult that he is apart of.

"You are good at this" he mumbled as she finished stitching up his arm and cleaned up the mess by throwing things in the trash and closing the med kit.

"My father was a doctor, after he died I kind of became the best in town even if I never had any professional training" Red explained as she put the med kit back into the cabinet. Jacob stood from his seat and picked up his gun before walking towards the front door to leave.

Red followed behind him silently. "Where you this generous to my brother?" Jacob asked, referring to John.

"I never met your brothers or your sister. But, assuming you mean John, I probably wouldn't have been" she shook her head as he walked through the front door and stepped into the night air.

"Why is that?" he asked as he walked down the steps.

"He would have had me baptised and tortured, all you have done is given me a pet" the girl joked slightly, leaning on the door frame of the cabin.

"I didn't give you the wolf" he turned to her and glared slightly.

"Alright...you let me keep him" she shrugged, smiling slightly. Jacob paused for a second, people don't smile at him.

"More like you kidnapped him" Jacob scoffed and began to walk away again. This time he left and Red didn't respond but she did think about him a lot that night.