Chapter 18

Nothing ever goes the way I want to.

Well this is awkward.

"Hello? Anyone going to answer?"

No one answered.

I looked over at Ben and his face was beat red. Oh yeah, he's freaking out on the inside.

Finally she left the room.

Why would she freak out about me kissing someone? She's seen me and Avery do it. Mothers won't understand them until I become one.

"I probably just gave your mom the wrong impression." Ben said as he plopped on the couch. 

"For kissing me?" I asked as I got up to join him on the couch.

"No. I mean I was on you, so she could have taken it the wrong way."

"Ugh. I'll have to explain it to her. Thanks a lot. Ha-ha just kidding."

"Oh have fun with that."

"Would you like to do it for me? If so then be my guest. Her room is down the hall." I said pointing to the hall.

"Oh hell no. She scared the crap out of me when she didn't get an answer." He said

"Ha-ha. A 23 year old scared by my mom? That's something you don't hear every day."

"Well it's true."

"You're more like a teenager."

"Oh how I'd love to be a teenager again." He said

Why does time fly when you're having a good time?

He could kiss me again, and I wouldn't mind at all. But mom is here, and that would be awkward.

"I'm sorry Hilary, did you say something?" Ben said as he was looking at me

What? I said that out loud? Before I could say anything, mom called me.

"Hilary, come here please." Mom called

"I'll be back." I said as I went to my moms room.

"Yes?"

"When is he going home?" She asked

"I don't know. Why?"

"Because you didn't ask me first."

"Mom, you're never home. How am I supposed to ask?"

"You can call me."

"Like you answer."

"Yes I do."

"Whatever. Oh and he came because I needed someone. Also, I like him. I'm sorry for having friends over. I'm going to go because I don't feel like fighting. That's all we ever do anymore and I would like to stop just so you know." With that said I left the room.

When I got back to the living room Ben was laying on the couch. Guys always have to make themselves comfortable.

Well he's getting his payback. Know what they say. Payback sucks.

I ran and jumped over the back of the couch landing on his stomach.

"Holy shit!" He yelled and pushed me to the floor.

All I could do was laugh.

"Hey Ben, payback sucks. That's what you get for sitting on me." I said as I stopped laughing.

"That was mean and that hurt. A lot."

"Oh you'll be ok." I said as I got up patted his head and sat on the couch.

"How do you know that I'll be ok? I could be internally bleeding."

"I didn't do it that hard you wimp."

"You're the one full of it now." He said

"I know." I said smiling

"Don't do that again."

"Well don't sit on me. You're grown up and you should know better."

"Just because I'm 23 doesn't mean I have to act my age."

"Well you're very good at showing that you don't. Ha-ha!" I said

"Ok, let's make a truce. I don't pick on you and you don't pick on me." He said

"Ok, let's see how far you get."

"That's just for tonight."

"Exactly. You couldn't last a week without picking on me."

"Oh be quiet."

"Uh no I don't think I will." I said laughing.

I still can't believe that he heard what I had said, I thought I was thinking it and not saying it..

Ben's P.O.V.

I can't believe she jumped on me.

If I could kiss her again I would. I know what she said. I know that she wants me to kiss her again.

I just can't believe her mom walked in at that moment.

Why are my thoughts so scattered?

I'm going to drive myself crazy one of these days just by thinking. I don't think that day is far...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

I don't know what song to put for this chapter...

                             ~Joleen!~