Chapter 8 - Enemies

iJustine's Point of View

Survival training was a bit of a flop today. Everyone was doing the same workshop centred on first aid because it is probably one of the most important survival skills we have to know. It was too crowded, no one was getting the help they needed because there were only two trainers and there wasn't enough equipment for everyone to practice what was being taught. Everyone was a bit tired as well due to the fighting workshops in the morning so they became frustrated quickly but no one was seriously hurt.

The only thing I got out of survival training today was a little bit on CPR which won't really be useful unless I form an alliance with someone in the games but if I do form an alliance, then I would have to kill them or have them kill me if we managed to make it to the end.

I get changed into a white singlet and a pair of leggings just as the siren goes to summon us to dinner.

When I arrive at the table, the table is already decorated with an array steaming meats, leafy salads and other delicacies. There are three other people at the table, Jenna, Grace and Joey. All three of them are sitting at one end of the table, Jenna at the head. I join them and sit next to Joey and say hello to them all. None of them have anything on their plate, which is probably the polite option but I'm starving. I grab myself a chicken leg, a scoop of potato bake and a corn on the cob.

'How long do you think we have to train?' Grace asks the group.

'I have no idea but I hope it is at least a month so we can memorise something useful.' Jenna contributes.

'I think that after a month, we would be too tired to even get out of bed,' Joey says eying my plate of food which I haven't touched yet.

A few more people walk into the door. I recognise Ian and Pewdiepie but I'm not too sure about the other two. There is a girl with purple hair and a man with a mohawk and somewhat resembles an excited child. The four of them sit on the other side of the table with the man with the mohawk at the head.

'Hey,' Grace greets the arriving group.

They return a greeting while they start helping themselves to the scrumptious smorgasbord. Jenna reaches for a piece of fish sitting in front of my plate. I pick up my fork and stab a piece of potato in preparation of eating. I lead it into my mouth and my mouth explodes with feelings of elation. The food they have here is the best food I've ever had.

Three more people enter the room. Lucas, Jenny and another person I don't know.

'Hey guys,' Grace says smiling and showing a lot more enthusiasm than she did the other group.

'Hi,' Jenny says. 'Grace, have you met Kelly? She's my roommate'

'No, I haven't. Hello Kelly.' Grace smiles at Kelly. 'What do you do on YouTube?'

'I mostly play video games.' She replies shyly.

'Oh you play video games?' The guy with the mohawk butts in.

'Yeah.' Kelly says.

'What kind of games?' He converses.

'Sims, a bit of minecraft, games like beyond two souls and stuff.' She politely states.

'Oh yeah? Would you like some duck?' He says pointing his fork to a whole roasted bird that might not even be a duck.

'I've never had duck before.' She informs him.

'I was inviting you to sit here.' He gestures to a spot next to Pewdiepie. Kelly looks at the spot, then at pewdie pie, then at Jenny. Jenny smiles at her and Kelly makes her way to the spot.

Lucas and Jenny don't follow her instead they come and take a spot next to me.

'Hey guys, how are you?' I ask them.

'We're fine thank you.' Jenny says smiling. 'How are you?'

'I am great. This food is amazing.'  I gesture to my half-gone potato bake on my plate.

'Did you guys have a fight with those guys or what?' Jenny asks watching the mohawked guy attack a duck leg clasped in his bare hands.

'I don't think we had a fight.' I respond.

'Then what does he have against us?' She says as I shove more potato into my mouth. I look up at him and I can see him staring at me as he chews. I smile at him but I think he can sense we are talking about him so he just gives a cold half-smile.

'I don't know.' I say.

'Do you think he's gone mad?' Lucas chimes in.

'I think he's making the most of the situation.' I suggest.

The table is now full and the food is half gone. The table is basically segregated into two groups. I can hear the familiar crackling of the speakers as they spark to life.

'Good evening competitors. I hope you are all enjoying your meals. I am going to inform you that you have six days left of training before the games. Goodbye.'

Six days, only six days to learn how to defend ourselves and learn how to survive. Only six days!

'Did you hear that?' The mohawk man says staring at Jenna. 'Only six days before the games. Six days left of your sad, pathetic life before I kill you. Enjoy them while you have them.'

____________________________________________________________________________

Jakken_Dean's Point of View

You guys have been too nice to me. All these positive comments about being excited makes me excited. I decided to write this chapter differently and I would like to ask you some questions. Do you like it? Or do you like the other way better? Is there anything about this story that you don't like? Whose perspective would you like me to write in next? Who do you think will win the games? (vote on the poll on my message board) I am going to dedicate my chapters to some of you supportive readers as a way of saying thank you.

Until next time.