Chapter 10

Henry told me he loved me.

Me.

I didn't think he loved anyone.

Y/n's POV

We were all in Belch's blue Trans-am driving to the hospital. I was anxious and excited. I hadn't seen her since she was covered in blood. I shivered at the memory. I felt tears form in my eyes. Henry noticed this and squeezed my hand harder. His words echoed in my head. "I love you." I smiled slightly at the thought. Then I thought back to when we were fighting It. Was that Henry's dad? Is his dad abusive? Is that why he hates everyone? He said he loved me though.

I'll ask him about it later.

When we arrived at the hospital, I went straight to the nurses desk. "Y/m/n Y/l/n's room please." I asked urgently. "Room 545" as she finished her sentence I was already running towards the rooms. I reached 545 to see my mom sleeping in bed. I go over to her quietly and pulled up a chair. Henry pulled up a chair beside me and grabbed my hand. I felt my stomach flutter as our fingers intertwined.

I love that feeling.

My mom didn't wake up until a few hours later. When she did finally wake up I almost started crying. "Mom!" I sprang towards her and hugged her tightly. I felt the tears brim my eyes as I hugged her. "Are you okay? What happened?" Henry gave me an odd look, but I ignored it. "I-I don't know..I just blacked out. I let out a sigh of relief in my head. She didn't remember after all, thank god.

"Hey, y/n. Who is this boy again?" I froze for a second. "Uh, mom this is my boyfriend...Henry. Remember him from the other day? She looked confused for a second, but I could see her slowly recognize him. "Oh yes, you had the friend with the odd nickname didn't you?" He nodded, and smiled.

We talked for the rest of visiting hours. I hugged my mom tightly as I left, feeling the tears welling up. As we were walking out the tears flooded out. I missed her so much it hurt. When we got to the parking lot Henry wrapped his arms around me. I sobbed into his chest. On the ride back I fell asleep with his arms wrapped around me.

I love you, y/n.