The Night of Prom (Jeff)

Looking in front of the mirror, Jeff stood silently in the bathroom glaring at his appearance. These clothing are ridiculous, I still don't fit in them, and I feel like I'm wearing a grown man's suit that I stole from him. Why do I have to wear such fancy clothes to this stupid thing? It's just a social function, it's not like I'm going to a wedding... He thought as he heard Brant's door open. Sighing softly, he made his way out towards the doorway to see Brant. He was wearing a dark black suit and a pair of pants that were a few shades lighter creating a strange looking offset. "You look nice," Jeff said as he looked at Brant's snug looking suit.

"You look absolutely stunning yourself." Brant replied as he made his way forward and scooted past him, and gently patting Jeff's butt along the way. "I just wanted to look myself over in the mirror one more time before we go. I have a bunch of rebellious hairs that like to poke out whenever I'm trying to look snazzy."

Jeff felt his cheeks begin to burn as he ignored Brant's casual touch. "We should get a move on though. I'd hate to be late."

"Yeah, you're right. We should get a move on. Let's go sexy," He said as he scooted past Jeff again, making sure to try and grab at him again. Jeff quickly moved out of the way that time as scowled at him as they started towards the living room.

As they made their way out into the living room, Clare's voice rang out behind them. "You two look absolutely adorable! Picture time," She exclaimed before pulling out her phone and beginning a massive photoshoot. "Perfect, smiles boys, now just move over here!" Clare commanded as she adjusted both in random poses around the room. Photo after photo, Jeff complied as she moved them like ragdolls into random poses. A sudden sneeze beside him echoed out as Brant tried to stand still. "Hold still Brant, and quit sneezing!" She whined as she rushed forward to readjust his collar. "You need to look good for prom!" She took a photo, then another, after the third in that pose, Clare looked up from her phone. "Jeff honey, you look adorable. I could just eat you up! Now take a step to the left!" She stated as she snaps another picture.

"Mom I think you're going to make Jeff's head explode if you take any more pictures! He's already beet red, I don't think he can get any darker without dying." Brant joked adjusting his shirt again as Clare scoffed,

Jeff coughed awkwardly into his overly large tuxedo arm, looking at Clare then Brant, then back to Clare. "It is kinda warm in here." He mentioned before he tried to return to his original pose.

"I'm sorry boys, I can't help it! You two look so cute, I can't hardly stand it! Your first prom as a couple, I'm so excited!" She takes a deep breath and wipes a small tear that seemed to appear from her eye. "You two look so cute! If only your father were here to see you!"

"I don't think he would really appreciate this at all..." Brant scoffed awkwardly,

"Not your father Brant, he would have hated it." Clare grumbled, "I meant Jeff's dad." She paused for a second, then put her phone down. "Jeff, I don't think I told you, but I took your dad's case a few months ago. I've been keeping him in the loop, and ever since he heard about the two of you, it's all he can talk about. He's so excited for you, and when I told him earlier about prom, I thought he was gonna have a heart attack." She paused again, looking at Brant with a warm smile. "I think Alex is innocent, and I am going to do everything in my power to prove it."

Jeff looked away embarrassed as he felt shame begin to burn at the back of his ears. "Really? My dad is excited for prom? With all the trial stuff, I assumed he would have bigger fish to fry than to care about me. Especially after what I said last time I saw him..." He paused, thinking back to how he stormed away without saying goodbye. "I figured he would be angry, honestly."