“No.” I felt her fight not to react, her chest tightened and the bitter taste of sadness swept over her skin making me scowl. “I see the woman I love, a strong powerful woman. Who's sexy and vibrant and all mine” Her face went red and she pressed the back of her hand over her mouth.

“Sabe” she hissed shutting her eyes.

“You should wear my ring today. Show those little fuckers your mine.” She gave a watery laugh nodding her head.

She was crying, but the air of bitterness was gone. They were tears of happiness, and just that alone sent shivers through my body. Arousal tightened my muscles as she leaned back against my chest turning her face against my shoulder.

“You should be illegal.” She muttered pursing her lips.

“Why?” I asked pouting.

A big grin stretched across her face and turned in my arms to face me. My attraction became awkwardly obvious to her and myself.  I needed clothes on or resisting her would become impossible.

“Because you're addicting. I need to work out but I think I need you more.” Her round silver eyes were heavy lidded and sultry tempting me with dark promises. I knew she would be upset if she didn't get her work out in. 

“You know if you miss your work out you'll be pissed.” she grinned and turned to face me.

“Passing me up?  You'll regret it later.”  She snickered.

Most likely I would, but she had a very long day ahead of her and I didn’t want her tired. I slipped around the room quickly and quietly pulling clothes on, she hated it when I dressed with inhuman speed apparently it seemed like I just magically appeared with clothes on. Whereas she had struggled with clothes the past months, she couldn’t wear the uniform because of the bandages she had.

The last few months had been hell on earth for her, despite her wounds she had continued with her schooling and finished it deciding to only take the Preternatural integration course which she was at all day every day.

Today she would be graduating with honours and a full ride into the University course for next year, a course in which I would be assisting in teaching. It was my original job in coming to the school, I would be training humans like Aderyn to handle fledglings and Elders.

“Before you go Aderyn,” I spoke in a low voice searching her face, “Put the bracelet on please.”

Her eyes widened and she turned in my arms reaching out to the dresser top where a larger black case sat with little white sigils carved into the blackened wood.

She opened it delicately and removed the wide metal bracelet intricately etched with the same symbols that were on the box, on the top embedded in the bronzed metal was a fogged silver gem cut in a natural shape. She slid her small hand through the hole and the metal tightened against her skin until it was tightly locked onto her.

“I almost forgot.” She sighed turning to look at me, “Will Rastiel come and see you again today?”

“I’m not entirely sure, he may come to the ceremony to see you graduate. Despite what he says he does come here to see you as well as myself.”

Her face grew a little red as I explained, She still refused to admit that she had friends. Then again having somebody betray you as Sabrinna did tended to destroy what little trust one had to give.  I looked down at the bracelet a knot growing tightly in my stomach. Had it not been for that piece of metal, Rastiel and his Queen I could have lost her, and my coven would have lost me as well.

“I like seeing Anya and Rastiel.” She whispered more to herself than to me.

It still brought a small smile to my lips, the trust she placed in both of them was heart-warming especially to the vampires. My hands slid down her arms gently taking her hands in mine, my thumb rubbed over the bracelet.