Chapter 2

"JARVIS, has the tower been cleaned up?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Has my tech been rounded up from all over the building?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Okay, is the guest room prepared?"

"Sir, everything you have asked for has already been done. You need not check every second." JARVIS replied once and for all.

Tony gingerly ran his fingers through his hair. "I know, J. You never fail." Even JARVIS' robotic voice sounded pleased when he replied, "Thank you, Sir."

Clint had been watching Tony fret about everything since last night, a sight he had never witnessed before. "What is with him? Is his family coming over?" He unwittingly asked.

"They're all dead, Clint." Steve sighed. Natasha craned her neck to look around before sinking back into her beanbag. "Then did Christmas come early?"

"I don't think so." Bruce put down his coffee mug, "I think he has a girl coming over. Heard him talking on the phone yesterday." Clint was suddenly eminently more interested in the conversation. "He has a what now?"

It was safe to say that Tony was nearly ambushed by Clint thereafter. "What is this I hear, Stark?" He caught Tony at the juncture of the kitchen counters. "You got a girl coming over? Is she hot?" Clint wriggled his brows.

"What? No! I mean, yes she is and no, you can't talk about her like that." Tony warned sternly and ducked under Clint's arm to get out of the enclosed space. Natasha hopped out of her bean bag and waltzed over to the two men. "Someone's got a crush." She sang.

"Yeah, right." Tony scoffed. His cheeks were burning, not that he would ever admit it. Bruce took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose. "What Clint is trying to say in his alarmingly distorted way, I think, is that you never have women over, Tony. Except for, you know, the ones you throw out first thing in the morning."

"OR," Steve interrupted rather loudly, "in a way that does not imply that we take an unhealthy amount of interest in each other's lives, we will assume that she is a good friend."

"Big whoop, he has a crush." Natasha rolled her eyes and turned back to Tony with a hundred watt smile. "So when are you getting married?"

"Good, get it all out of your system." Tony encouraged, "It's better this way so you don't look like idiots when she gets here."

"For that very same reason, can you at least tell us who she is?" Clint asked, genuinely this time. "Give us something, man. How come we have never heard about her?"

'Because it is a touchy subject.' Tony didn't voice the thought. He did, however, relent to Clint's request. "Alright, look, we met at the MIT alumni meet a few years ago. We ate, we laughed, we danced, the usual. She lives is Kansas so we get together only once a year - at the meet."

Steve pulled out a stool and sat down. "Sounds like you like her. Have you considered asking her out?"

"I could never." Tony gasped. "Besides, long distance relationships never work. She didn't pursue a career in mechanical engineering. After graduation, she got mixed up in hunting, which is what she does to this day."

"Hunting?" Bruce was surprised. Tony was talking about an MIT graduate after all. "Like what? Wild animals?"

"Yes, something like that." Tony bit his cheek, scolding himself for letting the word slip out. It was not up to him to tell them, and certainly not his place. "Not the illegal ones, though. Let's see, what else?"

"Sir, your guest is in the elevator." JARVIS announced.

"Great, J. Bring her up to our floor." Tony rushed to the elevator bay. When he reached the door, he turned around to convey one last piece of information. "Oh, and her name is (Y/N)."