Attention ♥︎ Akira Kunimi

Kunimi felt his head slowly fall forwards as his teacher's voice seemed to drone on and on. The teacher had been talking about the feudal history of Japan. As much as Kunimi knew he needed to pay attention since this was probably going to be in the test next week, he couldn't help it that his teacher's voice sounded so boring. 

"Student 23. Which family was the most powerful shogun in 1600?" 

Kunimi looked up, noticing his teacher's eyes firmly set on to him. He glanced quickly around the class, noticing his peers all look at him. 

'Student 23, was it? I'm not - wait.' The thought struck him and he quickly stood up. His class had recently changed seats and so he had been assigned a new number, which he had ultimately forgotten. 

'Damn it.'

"Akira-san, were you paying attention?"

"Tokugawa Clan." a small voice beside him whispered. 

"Um, it was the Tokugawa Clan sir!" he responded quickly, eyes keenly waiting to see some sign of approval. His teacher gave a nod before turning back to the board, going back to his explanation. Kunimi breathed a sigh of relief before sitting back down. 

Kunimi casually looked to his right, making eye contact with his seat partner. He hadn't really talked to this classmate in particular; he didn't even know she was in his class. (y/n) (l/n) was the rumoured 'wallflower' of his school. She was pretty, kind, intelligent and the secretary of the student council. She didn't often speak to anyone, only to her close friends or during group discussions. 

"Thank you," he whispered quietly, turning his head in embarrassment. He heard a small giggle coming from her and began blushing even harder. 

'I'm such an idiot.' he thought, before banging his head on the table and resting it on his arms. He suddenly felt something touch him. He peaked through his hair, noticing a  small coloured square piece of paper with neat handwriting was sitting there next to him. Curiously, he picked it up and let his eyes scan over it. 

You're funny. Want to be friends?

(y/n)