Chapter 13: Special Delivery

Tweek's POV

"How are you feeling buddy?" My cheerful and innocent friend asks me as I tie my apron. I'm getting ready for another day at Nightingale. "You had it pretty bad, huh?"

"I'm feeling much better!" I reply with a smile full of life and energy. "Dude. Like.. seriously, I hate getting sick like that"

"Yeah.. no kiddin'. When you called me... You sounded very bad" Butters says as he follows me with his eyes while I'm restocking cups, straws, napkins, and lids.

I told him to relax because I don't need his help... Yet. He is just sitting there on his laptop, working on his things, drinking his cappuccino and munching on the croissant.

Butters owns an online store for design clothes.. mainly for women, that's why he can work anywhere while doing something else on the side. He sells cute things... His website is like... I don't know... as Clyde puts it "a gay unicorn farted rainbows and sunshine all over it"

Very magical stuff.

"Did Craig come over to take care of you?" Butters asks with a grin on his face, moving his brows swiftly.

"I think so? I don't remember much.. I was so out of it" I reply, ignoring the suggestive expression he's giving me, and I move to another task: putting pastries in the display fridge. "Between the fever... taking all those medicine... My mind kinda took off and went on vacation..."

Butters opens his mouth to say something but gets interrupted when a couple of people walk in.

Alright! Time to work!

I take their orders, take the money, give them change, and move on to make their cup o' Joe. When I finish their orders, I walk to the counter, put down the to go cups, and call their names.

After I wave goodbye and wish them a nice day, I turn to look at the clock on the wall. It's almost 8:30 am. He should be here soon.

I usually don't do this... but I set out a tray and work on his usual. Cafe au lait and vanilla custard lemon zest cupcake.

I have to admit... . He DID take good care of me and nurse me back on my feet. I guess I should be nice to him... Just for today.

Ok. Done. It's ready for him.

I look at the clock.

830am.

Huh.

He's not here yet... Maybe he's running late?

I look at the front door and I see bunch of people walking in. They get in line and I start to take their order one by one. Then I feel tapping on my shoulder. It's Butters. He tells me that he'll help me take the orders so I can make the drinks. I give him a fist bump and thank him.

As I'm preparing the orders accordingly, I glance at the clock on the wall.

845am

I take a quick look around the café. Looking for him. Nope. Nothing. Well.. who care? I don't care. So what? I don't care.

"Um.. Tweek? Is the vanilla french roast mocha ready?" Butters voice surprised me and I let out a 'agh!'

I quickly turn around and go back to prepare the drinks.

What the fuck is wrong with me?!? I have work to do! I need to focus and get these orders ready! AGH! So much pressure!

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It is now 930am. This is the end of the rush hour. Nightingale was full house for an hour and now the storm has calmed down. There are still a few people in here. Some are in line... Some are just sitting at the tables with their eyes glue on their laptops.