Chappie 9

Samantha:

I had lunch with my new roomie,  Tracy. She is a lively girl, among the popular bunch of the college and was beautiful.  We were seated in the cafeteria with our food. She introduced me to two girls of her group and they were friendly towards me.

I kept having a feeling that someone was watching me.

Come on, , you're new so obviously people are going to stare.

Halfway through lunch I was overpowered by the urge to look behind me. I turned back and saw Shane was staring my way from the last seat of the cafeteria.  I bit my lips not knowing if I should smile or wave so I ended up doing both. Stupid woman! !

I saw him giving me a nod in response to my kiddish wave but he maintained a smile which made my heart flutter.

"So tell me Sam, how does it feel to be Shane O'connor's new girl?"  the girl in gothic apparel asked from beside me.

"ummm.. I, I don't know what you are saying" I replied taking a small bite of my chicken sandwich. I wasn't lying. I didn't know Shane properly. Neither did I know what to make out of our relationship,  if we had any sort of relationship to begin with.

"You can't play dumb now girl"  Tracy laughed.

I looked at the three girls sitting around me. They remained staring at me expectantly.

"What? I really have no idea about this Shane guy" I blushed when I said his name.

"O really? You have no idea?"Stacy aka gothic girl starts, "then why are you blushing?"

"Or the fact that he is currently staring, scratch that, gawking at you" Tracy finished off.

"I might have met him before and we kind of hit it off quite smoothly" I confessed calmly.

"WHATT?" all the three girls gasped together. A few of the students sitting around us gave us a weird look.

"Tell me everything" Tracy demanded looking excited as a child.

"It was really nothing extraordinary.  He had come to my dad's restaurant and we had an interesting conversation and then.." I trailed off, looking behind my shoulder once again to see Shane now laughing with his friends.

"Then?" Margaret,  the quieter one of the three asked this time,

"Then he got into a gang fight with some people and I kicked them out" I shrugged.  The three girls just gaped at me with hanging jaws.

After a minute or so, , Tracy broke the silence.

"Wow, you kicked  Devil's associates out?

I frowned, "You mean to say that's what they call themselves?"

The girls nodded in union. I mentally thought it was quite an impressive name but I blurted out saying, " Its so lame"

"Have you actually seen them Samantha? like a good look? All the guys of that group or gang or whatever practically ooze sexiness and good looks" Stacy asked in wonder.

"That, plus they are the most notorious boys of this academy. The bad boy charm is so magnetic, almost half of the girls here have slept with atleast one of them" Margeret points out dryly.

Tracy gives her a sympathetic smile. Wait, was I missing something?  But I decided I was too new for them to discuss any deeper issues. I'll just have to be patient.  My mind was currently fuming inside with the thought of Shane being with another girl.

"Look, I really don't care about them. I surely didn't come here to be involved with Shane"  I shrugged and took a bite of my sandwich.

"Really? You don't care?"  Margaret asked incredulously and I nod while munching on my sandwich. God!! I was starving.