Chapter 3

A/N: sorry for any mistakes; short chapter

~CAMILA'S POV~

I woke up with a terrible headache, but the comfort of Lauren's arms was almost enough to keep me from getting up for aspirin and water. Slowly, I tried to get up without waking her... I failed.

"Oh, hey Camz do you need something?" I nodded. "Asprin and water?" I nodded once again. How did she know?!?... Oh, she's probably needing some too, yeah, yeah that's why.

Once she got up to get the aspirin and water, I found myself wanting to be back in her arms. She was just so safe. No, no, I can't get all mushy like that, she might find out. 

I walked to the bathroom and rinsed my face with water to try and clear my head. Lauren was standing there waiting for me when I walked out.

"Here princess" she handed me 2 aspirin and a bottle of water; I blushed. 

Maybe one day I should let her hear me speak? Or would that put me at further risk of her know my secret and calling me a freak? Even though it seems like she'd make a good Mommy. 

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted. "Watcha thinking so hard about Camz?" I took out my phone and typed "nothing, just the hangover" 

"Okay, I understand. You must have a pretty low tolerance, you only had like one drink."

Wow, good going, Camila. You've managed to secure your spot as a lightweight. She might never take you seriously ever again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturdays are great; you don't have to worry about going to school with a hangover, and becoming 'that kid'. I hope my mother just doesn't notice when I finally go home. I "told" her I'd be staying the night and part of the day at Dinah's house. And she was just thrilled that I had made friends, considering the whole mute thing and all.

They're all such good friends, but my favorite is Lauren. She's just so nice, and pretty, and caring, and is like my dream Mommy, and... Ugh, Camila, you need to stop thinking like that. She probably wouldn't even like me as a girlfriend, none the less: a little. 

"Camz", the voice interrupted my thoughts; it was Lauren. The one girl who I'd been thinking about. "Your phone dinged" Huh, I hadn't even noticed, I was too deep in my thoughts.

I picked up my phone and looked at it; message from Mami. 

Mami🌹: when are you coming home, sweetie? I don't mind you staying a little longer. But, I'd like to see you for lunch.

Karla☺: soon Mami, I should be home by 12. 

Mami🌹: okay see you then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lauren dropped me off at home around 11:30

"Kaki! You're back" Sofi yelled in excitement. I smiled and hugged her warmly.

I walked into the kitchen and smelled one of the best smells in the world (besides Lauren): food. Mami made what she called "brunch", like breakfast/lunch. And the best thing of all: banana pancakes! They're sooooo good.