❤️Chap-1❤️

Start from the beginning

Their last patient was a 10 years old kid named Sanju suffering from Dengue..the moment he saw Maya...he cried out..Maya was immediately by his side as he hugged her tight...

Sanju (sobbing): Maya Didi, ami injection nebo na (Maya Didi, am not going to take this injection)

Maya eyed the nurse not to put the syringe in his vein as she came to take his blood for evaluating his platelet counts.

Maya (Patting his head): It's okay..it's okay...

Sanju: Everyday they come and take a large amount of blood...how will I go back to my home like this?😢

Maya: Do you trust your Maya Didi?

Sanju nodded his head...

Maya: And if I say that it's required and with this, you can go back to your home soon...probably the day after tomorrow...

He looked at her innocently...

Maya (Smiling at him): But I can promise it won't hurt...

Sanju (Still not sure): Not even a bit...

Maya: Have ants ever bit you...?

Sanju (Casually): Lot of times

Maya: Did...it hurt way too much?

Sanju: Not at all...plus am a boy 😎

Maya: Great..it's gonna be the same feeling so are we ready for the injection?

Sanju (Scared): You will be with me...?

Maya (Eyeing the nurse): Absolutely...as after you, it's my turn...

Sanju: Means...they gonna inject you too😨

Maya (Making a sad face): Yeah...but we are strong right😎

Sanju: Totally...no need to get scared...I will be with you😎

Nurse smiled at Maya as she was done 😊 Dr. Dasgupta smiled at the cute duo...

Dr. Dasgupta: Sanju...look at your right hand now..

Sanju (looking at the band-aid) Omg..it's done...i didn't feel anything🤔 (Looking at Maya) Maya Didi🤔

Maya (Ruffling his hair): So we are not scared of injections anymore, right?

Sanju (Hugging her): You are my Magic Didi...

Maya (Pinching his nose): We just have to divert our attention somewhere...that's the secret😉

Sanju: Sure Didi...I promise I won't cry from tomorrow...

Maya: That's my boy🤗

------------------------------------------------------

It's 8.30 in the evening...Dr. Dasgupta was just done with checking her all her patients for the day...She and Maya quickly summed up their appointments for the next day...while checking the dates...

Dr. Dasgupta: Maya...you forgot again?

Maya: What Doctor?

Dr. Dasgupta: Maya check the date tomorrow and tell me what you have at 1pm with Dr. Chandrima?

Maya bit her lip...

Maya: Am sorry Dr...that completely slipped out of my mind..

Dr. Dasgupta (Softly) You have to be cautions dear..it's not you anymore...a life growing inside you...

Maya nodded her head...and Aparna smiled at her...

Dr. Dasgupta: How will you go?

Maya: Umm..I will go sometimes later...I will visit Ramona (a rape victim) once...