Chapter 1- School and Homework

---Meghan's Pov---

I woke up to Novocaine/ She's a Rebel by Green Day blaring out the small speakers of my phone. Oh, ya crappy day number two. Why because I have school. First day in my new house, a new continent and I already had to go to school. I had gotten here yesterday. Being in California for 8 years gave me an American accent. I guess it was Australian before I moved to America. I yawned getting out of my bed and slumping to my closet. I got up at 6:30 to get ready. Which was way too early in my opinion. But, I had to let people know I mean't business. So, I wore a ripped up NASA shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. Matched with some black combat boots. Shrugging at the mirror in front of me. It looked good enough to me. I grabbed my bag of makeup products and headed into the bathroom. The one I was forced to share with Luke. I ratted my hair a bit for some volume then, straightened my fringe. I also started with my hair which was a terrible idea. But it's how I did it. I put some eye liner okay a lot of eyeliner swiped on some mascara and concealer. Flashing a quick smile at the mirror and stepping back out the door. I sniffed their expecting to smell my dad's cheap cologne and fresh orange juice. Instead I smelt lemon cleaner and lavender. I stopped for a moment the world catching back up with me. My mornings wouldn't be smelling like they used too back home. I bit down on my tongue to stop the tears and I walked back into my room. I grabbed my galaxy print backpack and made my way downstairs.

"Good morning Meghan." Liz said cheerfully from behind the counter top.

"Morning Liz." I said, she wasn't my mom, I didn't even know this woman. Let alone think of her as my mom.

"What would you like for breakfast?" She asks.

"An apple." I say plainly and Luke comes rushing downstairs.

"Morning mom, morning Meghan." Luke says quickly we're probably late for school.

"Morning Luke." I mumble I'm not a morning person. Liz hands me my apple.

"Is that all you're eating?" Luke questions me.

"That's about it." I reply.

"You should eat more you're a stick." He says grabbing a couple granola bars and a red bull. Liz glared at him when he grabbed the drink. But that comment hit me and I snapped. I worked out everyday to be this small. I had some eating problems in the past but that wasn't his business. I ate as much as I wanted and I ate healthy. Most of the time. Plus, Dad dated a lot of health nuts. I wasn't stick like I was healthy most the time. I was proud of my weight.

"I don't need to do anything. I can do what I what. I eat enough, I don't need anything else Lucas." I sneer getting out of the kitchen as quickly as possible.

"Liz, we should go so you can check me in to school." I yell on my way out the kitchen and Liz comes up next to me.

"Okay, honey let's go." Liz says and we walk to the car and begin the trek to school. I bit my lip trying to bite back my anger. I hated that word.

"Please don't call me honey." I say containing my anger. I hated it. Dad had a girlfriend, Lil who called me honey. I hated it. She was in the car with dad, when he got in the accident. She walked away with a cut down her arm and a bruise on her hip. My dad didn't walk away. So, I hated Lil. I hated being called honey now too. I hate almost everything now. Not that much had changed from the passed. I just hated more intensely. 

"Ok, Meg." Liz said and I was okay with that. We got to the school and classes didn't start for 20 minutes. Liz parked the car and I walked into the building. I saw a couple of the kids hanging around. The ones that showed up early.

"I'm gonna go to the office and get you signed up and you can chat and things." Liz says walking towards the office I walk around for a seconds and a kid catches my eye. He has super curly hair, and a bandanna, I liked it. I see him and our eyes lock for a seconds and I look away. Who did Liz expect me to talk to I got here yesterday. I look up again and curly hair is right in front of me.