Loss

"We've been on the run for three weeks, it's time we contact Nat. She helped us, I have no doubt she has been in hiding too," Steve told Sam and Wanda.

"I want to contact Vision," Wanda said.

"That is too big of a risk," Sam argued.

"We'll contact Natasha, and we will reach out to Vision after," Steve decided. "She might know more about where he stands in all this. The Accords are still standing, but not on much. I think we all saw the damage that was done by fighting before talking, so let's talk to Natasha, then Vision."

"Thank you," Wanda replied, arms crossed over her chest. The three were growing irritable of one another as they hopped from grubby motel to scuzzy hotel. Living as fugitives was not how any of them planned, but they all knew it was the outcome when they fought beside Steve and Bucky. It did not help to know Ophelia was dead, there was something about her death that was still lingering.

Steve flipped open his phone, wondering if Natasha would have the same number.

Three days later, Natasha was with them in a small town in Ireland.

"It's about time," Natasha said as she approached the trio. She had a faint, crooked smile on her lips. She looked at Steve and asked, "Where's your other half and his other half?"

A sadness enveloped all of them for a brief moment, then washed away. Though none of them had gotten over it, they were moving on in their lives. Living on the run left very little time to mourn and grieve, they were always busy.

"Oh," Natasha replied, realizing. "Sorry to hear. Both of them?"

"Just her," Wanda told her.

Natasha nodded. "Well, we've all lost someone. It's a shame, though."

All of them realized how cold Natasha could be, but they understood that she had been through a lot, she had suffered herself, she had been trained to be cold. Losing someone she scarcely knew and had been on opposing sides of, it meant little to her. Natasha was there to knock their heads together and get them back on track, she was there to guide them out of grief.