New Chapter Soon! [A Short Explanation]

Hey guys. I'm back! And new chapters are coming (for real this time). Also, this explanation will be deleted from this book. I don't want author's notes clogging up the story instead of chapters.

I just wanted to give a short explanation as to why I've vanished, and I want to hopefully make things up to y'all.

Firstly, I just want to say that I'm beyond amazed by all of your love towards this series, and I'm so excited to be back working on it properly again. This story is not going to be discontinued, and it will be around for a few more installments. (Just for all of the people fearing that I'd never finish: I will! I promise!)

Now let me explain why I vanished when I did.

A lot of things went wrong, and every time I thought I was okay to start working again, another thing would happen.

The first event was my uncle (who I'm very close to) having several heart attacks and being rushed to the hospital. He's okay now, though he did have open heart surgery. It was. . . a stressful time. After that, my cat (who has been my best friend for literally as long as I can remember) passed away from cancer. There was nothing we could do for him and it was an all-time low for me, where I didn't want to work on anything. A true depression, if you will.

Things are way better now, even though I'm still having rough days.

For the first time in several months, I genuinely feel like I'm at a better place mentally, emotionally, and perhaps even physically. I'm truly excited for things again, and it feels like the dark cloud over my head is breaking up enough for sunshine to peak through.

I've just got home from a road trip through four states (it was great!) and I'll be leaving again soon to see one of my best friends graduate in another state (I haven't even started college yet, but all my friends are graduating - aren't the perfect little failure lmao), so I'm still a bit busy (add on the fact that I'm job hunting - yikes). But I plan to give this story more of a priority in my life now that I'm at such a better space.

So, I'm sorry for leaving you guys for as long as I did. But I'll do my best to make sure this never happens again.

(Also, please don't read this as me trying to gain pity points. The intention is solely to explain why I was absent, not make you all feel bad for me.)

So, new chapter. Coming soon. For real this time.

See y'all soon!

- Rena