; summer 2018 mixtape

Hi, friends. As I write this, I'm four days away from graduating college, which is...wild. My apartment is half packed away. My roommate and I have split up the belongings we've been sharing for the last four years. The desk I'm sitting at is almost completely bare. I'm...it's weird, I'm telling you.

         But it's been a long time coming. I'm mostly happy it's over and that I'll have more time to get back to doing what I love. Until then, though, I'm back with another mixtape since I haven't done one in a year-ish or so. Just figured you might want some recommendations or who knows, maybe you just want to see what I'm listening to. Maybe you literally don't care. Regardless, you're here and I'm here, so let's do this.

         Enjoy.

01: WANT YOU BACK by 5 Seconds of Summer

I would be surprised if you haven't heard this by now, but yeah. Here it is. I have this weird thing where I listen to every new 5SOS on principle even though after there last album I haven't been much of a fan. I think I enjoyed all of two songs from that one, which sucks because I blindly purchased the album assuming I'd love all of it because I loved their first one. So anyway, listened to this just to see what they were up to, and wow. Was blown away. The "you know even when I say I moved on, you know even though I know that you're gone" bit is seriously so good and I'm still trying to figure out who was the mastermind behind it.

02: I WANNA KNOW by NOTD and Bea Miller

Guys, I finally realized that when I watched Emblem3 and Fifth Harmony on that one season of the X Factor USA, Bea Miller was there TOO. I remember now. She covered "Chasing Cars"! My mind was blown when I found out. Anyway, this song is a bop. I think there are going to be a lot of bops on this mixtape because that's what I've been in the mood for mostly, but truly, this is so fun. The tune of the chorus sounds familiar for some bizarre reason, but I'm starting to think it's just because it has the kind of tune that's meant to get stuck in your head, like perfectly formulated. You'll like this one, I promise.

03: NEVER FALL IN LOVE by Jack Antonoff and MO

Hi, have you seen Love, Simon yet? Because if not, jump to it. You'll find this song make an appearance at the Halloween party in the movie, but you'll also find it making an appearance in literally all of my playlists because Jack Antonoff is a god among mortals, folks. It's a bop, because of course it is. Catch me driving home after graduating with my two windows that work rolled all the way down and this song blaring. You should try it sometime.

04: HAIR TOO LONG by The Vamps

This song feels like summer, and I love it. Like, I don't love summer but I love when songs sound like summer. I love when they sound like any season, for that matter. This is a fun, bitter breakup song (I think) with a chorus you'll nod your head to before you even realize you're doing it. It's super fun. I liked it immediately after first listen. I've never been a crazy huge fan of The Vamps, even though I have no idea why, but lately I'm starting to see the appeal. They're growing on me, slowly but surely.

05: BELONG by Cash Cash and Dashboard Confessional

Speaking of songs that feel like summer, I think this one does even more than "Hair Too Long." Also, Dashboard and Cash Cash? That is a collaboration I never expected to happen but realize now I could have never lived without. I love everything about this song. Like "I Wanna Know," it has the sort of tune that seems perfectly formulated to get stuck in your head upon first listen. It's such a fun roadtrip song for that – another to roll your windows down for.