20

I didn't put much thought into it, though it was pretty scary, and I thought of a way to escape, everyone must still be waiting for me to come back. I didn't want to wait much longer since the boy's bathroom at our school is gross. I flushed the toilet, waited a few seconds, and slowly opened the door. The three of them turned to look my way with me and Chris making eye contact. He smiled and turned back to the other two. I went up to the sink and turned on the water. I could hear Chris mumbling to Phil just loud enough to make out a few things: "Make him do something." and a lot of 'mhmm''s.

I turned off the water and walked past them to the other side of the bathroom to get some paper towels.

"Aren't you going to say hi to your boy toy Philly?" That was PJ's voice. I froze.

"Dude stop." Husky and low, sounds like a annoyed Phil.

"Yeah PJ. Go make him do something to laugh at he's just standing there."

They're talking about me. I'm Phil's filthy slave to them. Phil said he was going to come out to them. I felt tears burn my eyes. He said this would all stop, that we'd finally be public. He promised. I felt a familiar hand on my shoulder that made me jump. I turned around to see Phil towering over me. He looked shock to see my tears. In the corner of my eye I saw PJ and Chris laughing. My grip tightened with paper towels still in them.

"Dan..." he spoke. What was he going to do to me? Was he going to save me, come out then and there, or was he going to satisfy his horrible friends? I didn't want to stay to find out. I ran out of his hand and out the bathroom.

"Dan!" I heard behind me. I rubbed my eyes and felt the tears against my fists. Fuck you Phil!! They were talking about me and Phil said all that horrible fucking shit about me. He didn't do a thing he just went along with it! Fuck! I sniffed and tried to stop crying. I just wanted to sit back with my friends and forget this even happened. I slammed my head on some rock hard wall or some shit because I feel to my butt. I winced and rubbed my temple and tried to look up. It wasn't a wall, it was Anthony.

"Dan what's wrong?" There was worry in his eyes. He helped me up and hugged me. I tried to calm down my breathing as he patted down my curly hair.

"Yo what are you doing? Get your hands off him." I froze, that sounded like a pissed off Phil. Anthony lightly pushed me behind him.

"Did you do this to him? What did you fucking do?" Anthony jabbed his finger in Phil's chest.

Phil glared at Anthony, they're the same height. Phil dropped his gaze onto me and his eyes softened. "Dan..." he said quietly he reached out to grab my hand but Anthony slapped his hand away.

"Don't fucking touch him Lester."

"I'm not gonna hurt him jeez fuck off bitch." He tried to brush Anthony off but he grabbed Phil by his collar and slammed him into the wall. The thud and watching the impact made me yelp. The students near us were frozen.

"I've dealt with him before while you watched him get beat. I'm not letting you hurt him." Anthony's voice got deep and I've never heard him so angry.

Phil looked at me, "He doesn't know does he?" I felt the tears come back. "You said you would tell them... but you lied."

"Dan? What's happening?" Anthony let his guard down and looked back at me. Before I could answer Phil kneed him in the crotch and kneed him again in the head when he crouched down in pain.

"You piece of shit!" Anthony yelled and punched Phil square in the face.

"Anthony! Stop it please!" I ran in between of him and Phil. "Why should I? He fucking deserves it for what he's done to you!" I'm gross sobbing now. "Just let him go.... please."

Chris and PJ appeared in the new crowd of students surrounding us. "Oi Phil! You let this turd touch you? Beat his ass!" Chris yelled and PJ cheered him on. I felt Phil's hands push me away, not caring if it was harsh or not. I landed on my chest. I couldn't watch this. I couldn't stand hearing the crowd cheering. I could barely breath and my vision was hella blurry. I crawled through the crowd and ran to the nearest exit. I'm sure I heard one of the two boys tell my name but I just kept running.

- - - - -

I forgot my backpack with all my things in it inside my locker so I ended up passing out at my front door steps. When I woke I was staring at Anthony crouched down in front of me. The left side of his face had several bruises and even dried blood spots. I attacked him with a tight hug. We stood up simultaneously and wrapped my legs around his hips.

"Dan let go." I shook my head and muttered a no. He sighed and pulled out his keychain and unlocked the front door. I'm so glad we gave him a spare key. I'm surprised he still had it since mom gave it to him when we in fourth grade. He unlocks the door and walked in. I kept a tight grip around his neck and hips so I wouldn't fall off. He opened the door to my room and knelt on the mattress. He tried to shake me off of him but I refused. He fell to his hands and knees and waited for me to get off. I gripped on tighter though he always felt safe. I remember that ever since we were young I would come to him and cry about what was going on in my life. He always listened and gave me advice. He's a safe place for me. I lost track of the time in between tears, how long have we been in that position?

I loosened my legs a bit but not enough to fall. He shifted and let me slid off. I laid on my back against my bedsheets and stared up at him, very self conscious of my double chin. His eyes were filled with worry and sorrow.

"I.....I'm cold." I really wasn't but I just didn't know what else to say. He subtly got up as if he was scared that if he made any sudden movement that I would fly away like a scared pigeon. He turned his back to me and opened my closet. He dug deep enough and pulled out a white fluffy blanket. He wrapped it around me and whispered in my ear, "I'll be right back, I'm gonna makes us some hot chocolate." He stops to walk away.

"I'm gay!" I frantically yelled as if it would save me from something. As if he wouldn't leave me. As if it would help the situation. His eyes continued to look like deer in headlights with worry. He calmly said, "It's fine, I'm bi." He left the room.

I kinda just sat there, not knowing what to do, nothing really crossing my mind. It's like my brain has paused after all the tears and overflowing emotions within the last few hours. I think I zoned out because next thing I know Anthony is back in the room handing me a warm mug. He sat down on the other side of the bed and stared at me.

"Ok, so, do you mind explaining?" I stared at the bubbly foam, "Explain what?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

I sighed, "It started off weird...We slept together but he was still mean towards me and got jealous if I was with another guy. I'm not sure when but he stopped being mean. We talked more instead of just having sex.... I like to think he was starting to like me but I dunno..." I chugged down my cocoa now because I took so long to explain that it became cold... how disappointing am I right? I put the cup on my bedside table and laid down beside Anthony. He hugged me and patted my hair.

"I won't let him hurt you again.... I wish you would've told me sooner though." I was about to interrupt to say sorry, "it's fine. At least I know now." He left me in awe, always so modest and caring. I breathed into his chest. I laughed, whenever we cuddled he liked being big spoon. It makes sense, I'm shorter. Soon we drifted to sleep but I think that despite us both closing our eyes I went unconscious first.