Fight Like A Girl | Lillian x Steve

It was simple day, one Lillian and Steve spent together being lazy around New York City

It was simple day, one Lillian and Steve spent together being lazy around New York City. A picnic in Central park, feeding the ducks by the pond, a cafe date for lunch, ice cream afterwards. Simplicity. Normality. And yet, when they do it together, they never grow tired of it.

Upon their leisurely walk back to Avengers tower, they encounter a group of teenage bullies. A young girl, couldn't be older than eleven, lies helplessly on the ground, fear holding her to the floor like a magnet. Four boys, roughly her age, stand over the upset girl, their faces just about as punch-able as Draco Malfoy's, and dear dad does Lilly wanna be Hermione at the moment.

Steve, who has a particular distaste for bullies perhaps even more so than Lilly, grows sour at the sight, both he and Lillian power-walking towards the exchange dauntingly.

"Is there a problem here, ma'am?" The super soldier doesn't even waste his breath on the bullying boys, not yet. He addresses the hurt little lady first, who, as Lilly gently helps her up and whispers something in her ear, seems to have scrapes along her shins from a rough fall.

The bullies' arrogance wavers upon spying the star spangled Avenger, recognisable even without his suit and shield. When they hear further sniffling from their victim, and spy the girl's nervous shake of the head, some semblance of bravery – or, more accurately, utter stupidity – seems to wash over the teenagers. "T-This ain't Avengers business, move on buddy," one non-convincingly speaks up, not even sparing Lillian a glance, as if she doesn't exist.

The iconic eyebrows of disapproval reappear on Steve's face. "I wasn't talking to you son."

"You don't – You don't scare us," another one sneers, about as unconvincing as the last boy. "Captain America fights like a girl!"

To the surprise of all the teenagers there, Steve just sighs, staring at Lillian almost wistfully after the boy's last remark. "I wish."

Helping the teary eyed girl up properly, Lilly merely turns to the bullies with a terrifying smirk, for once not even responding with something snarky or sarcastic. The quiet smile is horrifying enough.

The boys visibly turn paler, a couple taking a few steps backwards upon her slow advancement towards them. The one who spoke previously still seems to possess some balls, for he snivels out a mocking "You wouldn't hurt a—"

CRACK.

Lillian wishes that was the sound of her breaking one of their noses. That would, however, be quite illegal. She needs to wait until their eighteenth until she can do that.

No, that was the sound of the girl she just helped, breaking one of their noses.

Steve's mouth falls ajar, but not as much so as the teenage boys. Lilly merely holds back a cackle, allowing her smirk to broaden instead, and pats her little protégé on the back.

"And what does a girl say?" Lilly inquires innocently, rubbing reassuringly circles on her tiny friend's back.

The little one, whose face is angrily scrunched up, tears drying on her cheeks, shakes the pain from her hand, Lillian having demonstrated how to form a fist after whispering what to do in her ear before. "Bitches get stitches, assbutt."

The bully with the bleeding nose pathetically scrambles off, the rest of the boys following like mindless sheep. Their shoes scrape desperately against the concrete path, disappearing around the far corner of the street quicker that Steve thought possible. Turning to his girlfriend, the super soldier arches an eyebrow, glancing questioningly and only slightly disapprovingly between the two women, for, despite the language, he is entertained by how that played out.

The assassin shrugs angelically, hugging the now smiling little girl to her side. "If the dickbags want to fight a girl, they gotta know what it feels like to be hit by one."