Chapter 7

Age 8

I had heard of Shisui's suicide about a day ago meaning the Uchiha massacre wasn't far away. To say I was nervous would be an understatement, I was terrified. The more I throught about it the more ridiculous it sounded I can't protect a whole clan by myself. I need help, but I can't get help because no one would believe an eight year old, and even if they did believe me and the prediction came true they would want to know where I got the information. I can't say I over heard Itachi talking to Danzo because then I'd have to explain why I was in the Root ANBU headquarters. There is no possible way I could save the Uchiha clan without revealing my secret, but if I don't I'm knowingly letting people die. This is so confusing I think my brain is gonna explode.

"Toshiro, are you alright?" Hiashi asked putting his chopsticks down and looking at me with genuine concern.

"Uh yeah I'm fine." I chuckled nervously rubbing the back of my head. I must've been making a weird face for him to ask that, I guess the Uchiha massacre is bothering me more than I thought. It's not like I'm holding the life of a clan in my hands or anything. I stood up,"Well I think I'm done with dinner. I'm going to go meet Naruto at the training fields."

"You've hardly touched your food." Hiashi pointed out.

"I'm not really hungry." I said about to walk out.

"But Onii-san you promised to play with me." Hanabi wined grabbing on to my pants.

"Hanabi, if Toshiro wants to train you can't get in the way of that." Hiashi said in a chiding tone. "It's fine dad." I said. I turned to Hanabi. "I'm sorry Hanabi-chan I'll play with you tomorrow I have some training to catch up on." I said bending down to her level and patting he head messing up her hair. She laughed, "You have to promise."

"I promise." I said. I just hope I can keep it.
——
I walked out of the compound and ran all the way to the training field where I usually meet Naruto.

"Hey Shiro, took you long enough." Naruto said with both of her hands behind her head in a relaxed manner.

"Yeah sorry I'm late I was just finishing up dinner." I said.

"Whatever, now let's get to training," Naruto said exited. "I want to learn how to improve my aim with a kuni, I want to show that Sasuke-teme that I'm just as good as he is."

"Uh sure, but you know Naruto if you actually took the time to get to know Sasuke than you may be friends." I said. This may help Naruto to pass the gennin exams. Even though they are a few years away.

"No way will I ever be friends with that teme. Now can we start training?" She said.

"Sure."

"Yeah!" She yelled the sound echoing throughout the training ground scaring some birds and probably bothering some civilians. "The first thing you need to know is stance. I've seen you in class and it's all wrong." I said.

"Ok just tell me what I need to do Shiro-sensei." She said saluting with a goofy smile.

"Good, the first thing you need to do is have a wide stance. Your right handed. Correct?" I said.

"Yeah." She said widening her stance.

"Next put your right foot slightly in front of your left."

"Ok-ahhh." She yelled as she fell over.

"Now shift your weight onto your left foot." I said as she jumped up and got back into position.

"Take your right hand and bring it back into the position they taught you at the academy, and pretend like your throwing a kuni." I instructed.