i

Today was a bright day.

The sun was out for once, which is good for Ohio. This state isn't usually sunny, so seeing a blue and cloudless sky made a difference.

The atmosphere in the Hummel-Hudson Household was calmer than most mornings, it was the calm before the storm.

I sat at the breakfast bar chewing on what seemed to be an out of date chocolate bar; Finn was sat opposite me with a steaming grilled cheese sandwich, the smell of burnt toast flowed through he house.

"ALEXIS! FINN!"

Me and Finn both looked at each-other when hearing the booming voice of my biological brother from the stairs.

"Who's dealing with him today?" He asked as he dumped his ceramic plate into the sink that was overflowing with soap.

"It's my turn" I sighed standing up, "It's probably something to do with me stealing his belt because I couldn't find mine"

"What are you like? Honestly."

"Stop judging me Finn, I'm now having to deal with the diva. Leave while you can" I shuddered, passing my step-brother the keys to his truck and ushering him out the door before he could get another word in.

Exactly a minute passed before the storm erupted.

"Alexis Emily Hummel, Where is my belt?!"

My lovely brother stood at the top of the stairs, holding what I assumed to be his Dalton Blazer in his hand

"I don't know bridezilla, why don't you go and ask father dear" I sassed, looking at him from the door where I stood.

"For gods sake Alexis, I'm being serious. Which one of you took my belt?" He spoke, almost too quickly.

"I didn't, I'm serious" I lied, "why don't you ask Finn?"

He turned away from me, "but Finn isn't-"

Run.

I booked it out the front door, attempting to adjust my belt as it fell slowly.

Finn watched me as I quickly jumped in the other side of his truck, panting like a dog.

"Go go go!"

This was me and Finn's morning routine. Get up early and eat, wait for bridezilla to awaken and shout at one of us, we take turns to distract him while the other runs to the car.

Kurt seems to get annoyed that I'm closer with my non-biological brother, just because I get on with him more.

It wasn't my fault.

Finn started the car and we drove out the driveway, hearing Kurt's faint screams from the front door slowly dissolve into the sound of the wind.

"So, what the hell was that argument yesterday? I was in the bathroom and I could hear it even though you were in the kitchen."

I looked down at the small iPhone 4 in my hands, "It was Blaine again. He's told Kurt that I'm 'threatening' him and that I keep glaring at him in the Lima bean. Kurt seems to think I have a problem with him- and at this rate, I will"

"Do you even have a problem with him?" Finn looked at me out the corner of his eye while looking at the road.

"No! And that's the bad thing- I don't even have anything against the guy. He's a good dude and he makes Kurt happy, that's all that matters" I mumbled, "but the dude seems to have something against me."

"Blaine isn't a bad guy, Alexis. Maybe he just has the wrong end of the stick?" We started to pull into school, finally.

"I doubt it"