Embers Fly

WOOHOO I made it to chapter 15*Does back flip* I'm so happy! well here's the new one .Thank you for reading ,voting,and commenting you rock.Have a great day!

*******************************

                         chapter 15

Kates pov

Last night was...interesting. Didn't expect any of it to happen. I snuggled further in to the warmth the was in front of me and sighed. Then I smelt smoke .Fire!.....close by! I didn't care that I was nussleing Keiths chest, or that he had his face buried in my hair, and I almost didn't notice that our legs became intertwined sometime during the night. I jumped up off him and ran out of the base. Where is it! were is it! I looked around and saw smoke coming from that near by village. I ran as fast as I could to the house. It was a farm , almost engulfed by flames. I saw a horse type in a pen but couldn't identify the type because of all the smoke. I ran and busted the gate allowing all the pokemon to escape. " Please save my daughter and son!!!" I looked to see a woman on her knees and crying." Where are they!!" She pointed to the second story of the house. I nodded and ran threw the door.

Smoke filled my lungs but it wasn't affecting my yet ,I listened for any sound of a person." Please I'm in here! Somebody! Anybody!" I ran up the flaming stairs severe burns on my legs. I saw a figure and ran to it." Come on we gotta get out of here!" The person ended up being a boy." No! Not until I find my sister!" Idiot boy I ran by him and busted threw a door. It was filled with.burnt stuffed animals. Shes gotta be in here. A board landed on my back and nail pierced my skin. I yelped and pushed it off tearing my skin as I did so." Help!!!!" The bathroom! I kicked the hinges off the door and ran in. A little girl sat in the tub. I scooped her up and ran to find a way out. To my left was a window. All hell! I jumped threw it and landed perfectly on my feet in front after the mother. " Here!" I handed her the child and was about to go back in when a hand grabbed me." Kate no!" I shoved him off and went threw a hole in the wall. I started to cough a little from the smoke now. I knew that boy was upstairs but the staircase was burnt to the ground. "oh come on!" I whispered to myself. *Your half  pokemon you idiot jump!* oh right! I ran and jumped just high enough to grab the railing. I pulled myself over and felt heat on my hands and stomach. The rail was partly medal..I saw the boys figure again and ran to him." Come on now!!" He shook his head." My sister!" I was annoyed." YOUR SISTERS OUTSIDE SAFE!!"  I picked him up and slung him over my shoulder. The entire house was about to collapse." Here it goes.." I ran and busted threw the wall, I fell a story and  landed on my side and managed to catch the boy." She's over here come on!!!" A voice called. I stood up and winced. I didn't even put on shoes. just socks before bed so I really wasn't dressed for this. I picked up the unconscious boy and limped my way to the ambulance." here, he was the last one inside." The lady looked at me in shock before pulling out a stretcher ,I set him on it and sat on the back of the van while another Dr looked at my wounds. " KATE!!!" I looked up to see Keith running towards me. He's safe. "Kate what were you thinking!!" He yelled at me. This isn't the first time I pissed him off by doing something dangerous. I didn't reply to him. " Miss Jones were gonna have to take you to the infirmary." The Dr looking at my burns said. I nodded and winced in pain as they laid me on  a stretcher . I could here Keith arguing with someone about if he could ride in the back with me, The Dr told him he couldn't because he wasn't family.He is too part of my family!! They closed the doors and we drove away. I'll see you soon. I fell asleep.

" Kate...Kate!.. KATE!!!"  My eyes shot open and I growned in pain." Ah! Owww ! What!" I snapped at whoever it was but soon regretted it when I saw it was Keith. His eyes were harder than iv ever seen them. I grabbed my side and whispered." Sorry, I didn't know it was you Keith." He shook his head and sat down while I slowly sat up." What.the.hell.were.you.thinking!" He seethed at me. My stomach twisted from pain ." I wasn't about to sit by while that woman's children died Keith." I looked away from him." Idiot, the rangers were there!" I couldn't take it any more . I turned my head quickly toward him ." That house was collapsing! Neither of the kids would have made it if I didn't go.in there!" I narrowed my eyes at him. He looked shocked at my out burst before getting up " You want to kill yourself go ahead! Im done trying to keep you safe .",  he left. Anger, frustration, sadness, and worry filled me. How could he say that? *Go to him! Comfort Mate!!* I felt Heiwa try to take over..NO!!!  you listen to me! He left on his own . I didn't make him! I better not see his face for a week or I'll kill em!.She left me alone and I laid there far a few seconds when someone came threw the door." Ok miss Jones , you can go, Were gonna give you some extra bandages and ointment for the burns. As for the gash on your back it healed but let a large scar. And theirs a large possibility that the burns will scar to". Great...more for my collection. I sighed and nodded." Oh and theres  some folks who want to talk to you." She helped me to my feet and handed me some fresh cloths that to put on." Thank you." I walked to the bathroom and changed. The buns didn't look that bad and I can walk on on my feet with no pain so...woohoo! I quickly changed into the black t-shirt and tan shorts.  When I walked out she led me to the mother of the boy and girl and I assumed her husband." Oh your ok" The lady came up and hugged me. ....Well this isn't weird at all.... She pulled back." Oh , my manners I'm Lidia and this is my husband Rick. Thank you so much for saving my children young lady." I smiled." Any time ma'am and my name is Kate." She said my name as if trying it out." Well Kate we'll always be in your debt and you come by any time. Oh and id like for you to meet my kids when they get back home,I'll send Rick to get you from the school." My god this lady wants me to meet her whole family? " That's very kind of you miss but I can't leave school without permission from the principle." She laughed lightly." Already taking care of! You get to stay with us for three days!" o_O.....WTF !!! I smiled the best I could at the lady." Come on Lidia , she needs rest." Her husband pulled her away.  I walked outside and was instantly tackled." YOU STUPID IDIOT YOU COULD HAVE DIED!!!!!!" Rhythmi screamed in my ear. I shoved her off,I was done with everyone yelling at me." Well I'm not ok! Get over it!" I started for the dorms.I can't go back in time and undo what I did. And even if I could I wouldn't. My home burnt down to, I wasn't gonna watch another one burn without trying to save what I can.

Rhythmis pov

Somethings wrong, Kates never acted like that before. Seren looked at me ,worry was in her eyes. " I'll go talk to her." Seren left. I couldnt calm down and Isaac noticed." I'm sure she'll be fine Rhyth." He grabbed my hand and we walked around the school and waited for Seren to return. If someone treated her badly I'll kill em! " All we have to do is wait." I nodded and leaned into him.Please be ok Kate.

Serens pov

I walked into the girls dorm and saw Kate laying on her bed." Hey Kate, how do feel?" She didn't come down from the bunk or look at me." Fine." I huffed and climbed up the side of the bed." Come on Kate ,your like a older sister to me, tell me what happened ." She closed her eyes and said."Keith didn't approve of my actions today." I rolled my eyes at her. Thats never made you act like this before. What else happened happened ?" She opened her eyes and I saw anger...almost hatred in them." He thinks I'm gonna get myself killed. He said you want to kill your self go ahead I won't try and stop you anymore." my stomach twisted . That retarded  jack @&&!!! " Come on Kate." I jumped from the bed." What?" I looked at her." ....Lets spare." She smirked and jumped down too." Its been a while." We walked out of the dorm." In deed it has ." Rhythmi was waiting for us outside." Kate! I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier! please don't be mad!" She ran and hugged Kate who laughed." Its ok Rhyth. And I'm sorry I shoved you."  Rhythmi let go of her and asked." So where are you to headed?" I smiled at her." To the gym to spar" Her eyes widened ".....I am so going with you." We all started walking to the gym when we walked past the boys . Keith looked at Kate. Bad move. She looked at him as if she was about to rip his jugular out.

Kates pov

I glared Keith a warning. Your dead! When we got into the gym I saw a punching bag and next to it some wraps." Oooooooo....Seren?" She nodded and we wrapped are hands." I fight winner!" I rolled my eyes." Alright Rhyth." We got into our Positions and started. Seren threw the first punch aiming for my gut, I blocked and drop kicked her." Oof!" she fell on the ground." ....really Seren it hasn't been that long! " I helped her up and she glared at me." Ok my turn !"  Rhyth said. I turned to look at her and got punched in the stomach." Ghaa!" I stumbled back a little bit and got my balance. She came at me again, I side steped and she ran by me and skidded to a stop. When she turned I Jabbed her side making her fall. " HAHAHAHAHA !!! KATE NO FAIR YOU KNOW THATS MY WEAK SPOT!!!!" I laughed at her." We never established rules." We heard the door open. All three boys walked in." Well miss Katy looks like you need a worthy opponent." Kellen said stepping in front of me. He was also in front of of the pool. I smirked and looked at the girls." Seren ?" I gestured to her future boyfriend. She smiled evily at me and nodded. I got into position close to kellen " You ready?" He smirked " Yup."  "Great!" I kicked him in the chest sending him flying into the pool. He was pulled out by Isaac and Keith." Were you trying to kill him!" Keith yelled. I wanted to beat the crap out of him." No. He was being cocky, I hate it when people are cocky, and so do they." I pointed to the laughing girls behind me. He glared at me" Come on guys lets go." He walked out with a drenched Kellen . " Hey Kate? Please don't be mad at Keith for long. He means well and cares about you. He just doesn't show it probably at certain times." Isaac said placing his hand on my shoulder then walking out with Rhythmi. " Just let him cool down Kate he'll come around." Seren tossed me a towel. We wiped off the pool water. " I don't care if he cools down or not. Or if he wants to talk to me again, I did something that's in my nature to do and if he don't like it he can suck a lemon." We walked back to the dorms.

Keiths pov

Stupid !Stupid!stupid!Why did I tell her that! Then get all hot headed in the gym. Kellen was laying on his bead with a wet head. He showered off the pool water and was staring at the bottom of the bed on top of him." Yo man you alright?" He put his hands behind his head." Yeah she didn't hurt me. Just surprised me." I nodded. Kates a fighter." You should apologise to her." I looked at him sharply ." What ?" Kellen sat up." You should apologise to Kate. I mean she didn't do anything to you and you yell at her and leave her in the infirmary." He was right. I shook my head." I don't know man. Shes pretty mad right now." He threw a sock at me." So? She has a right to be mad." He's got a point." alright I'll talk to her tomorrow ." I turned off the light and went to sleep. Please forgive me Kate.