09

Chapter 09 : He Doesn't Celebrate His Birthday

***

||Aarohi||

Waking up with a little pain in head was not something that I didn't knew, I was drunk last night after all. Rubbing my eyes I took the pills kept on the side table. Once I was able to see my surroundings clearly I looked around and found Mannie still sleeping beside me, it was early. The sun was just rising.

Getting out of the duvet I brushed my teeth and went downstairs as my stomach was growling loudly. Going in the kitchen I found a shirtless guy leaning on the huge kitchen window glass. Confused but still aware of my safety I picked the knife kept on dining table and tip toed behind him. The moment I reached behind him he turned around quickly which made the sharp knife brush against his bare chest.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. Fuck, you're bleeding!" I said in a panic and looked up to find that the guy was...Shubman Gill?

"What are you doing here?" came my next question while he was controlling the urge to moan due to pain. I noticed that and said,"Wait, I'll bring the first aid kid."

He hold my wrist and stopped me saying,"No need, it's fine." He went towards the sink and turned the tap on. He washed the blood with water, making few drops of water fall down and some on his hard abs. The way the water traced his abs down made me want to trace my fingers on them. Controlling my harmones I went and brought the first aid box.

Putting a cloth on the cut he said,"I told you na I'm fine." I stood in front of him and opened the first aid box not answering him. I wiped the blood with a cotton and then applied a bandage over it. All this while I could feel his chest moving up and down fastly than a normal human being's breathing rate.

"See its done!" I said still standing there, just moving my eyes upwards, meeting his. The sunrays were directly falling on us, making his eyes bright more than usual. His face was really beautiful. He was handsome, no doubt. He had perfect eyes, perfect jaw and perfect lips whom I can kiss all day.

He softly said,"Thank you." That brought me out of my thoughts and I moved back a little realizing about our closeness. I made myself and him some coffee while he wore his shirt and opened the window taking some VitaminD from sun, I guess.

After keeping our cups on dining table I cleared my throat to bring his attention but he didn't move a bit from there. I said a little loudly,"Umm Shubman?" He looked at me and then the cup of coffee. He came and sat in the chair opposite me. He started drinking his coffee while I drank mine.

The silence was killing me. Out of nowhere he spoke about,"Your voice is great." I grinned and thanked him not knowing what else to say. I always love it when someone compliments my singing.

I had this question in mind but didn't knew if it was true or was I just imagining. Gathering a little courage I asked,"Did anything happened between us after I sang the song? As in anything?" Not showing much response he only shrugged. Maybe I was dreaming.

Wait, why would I dream about him and me hugging? I don't even like him. But right now, looking at this Shubman who is sitting across me and drinking coffee in peace, he feels different.

I was looking at random things due to awkwardness when my eyes fell on the calender hung on the wall behind him. It was 8th August today, that means his birthday. Quickly I said,"Oh shit, happy birthday!" He looked up from his coffee and smiled slightly before getting up and saying,"Thank you for the coffee." With this he walked out of the house.

Mandy came in the kitchen and said,"Never wish him on his birthday, ever!" Ignoring the question about why he was here I directly asked,"Why?" He sat on the chair Shubman was sitting before and said,"He doesn't celebrate his birthday. He hates this day!"

Coming a little forward due to my increased curiosity I ask,"Why's that?" He said,"I'm sorry but I'm no one to tell you anything that is so much personal to him." I nod in understanding and say,"It's fine."

Suddenly it clicked me. I smiled and spoke excitedly,"He'll celebrate his birthday tonight, bet?" He laughed before saying,"Bet! He won't celebrate his birthday, he never does!"

He put his hand ahead for me to shake and asked,"If you lose I can ask anything from you and if I lose you'll do what I want?" Shaking his hand quickly I seal the bet saying,"Cool!"

Challenges are what I like, and Shubman is always a challenge when it comes to understanding him. One minute we are fighting and the next he's all nice to me, then again he's cold. The more I try to understand him, the more crazier I get. Maybe that's what Shubman Gill is all about.

________

golgappa_queen HAPPIEST ONE YEAR OF FRIENDSHIP BABE🌍
ILYSFM😘

Vote and comment, pleaseeeeeeeeeee❤️