Chapter 27: You'll Be More Fertile

The next morning You XiaoMo felt so horrible, utterly exhausted from the day before. Refusing to get up no matter what, directly turning his back to Ling Xiao and stuffing his face into the pillow.

However, Ling Xiao had no intentions of waking him up early, choosing to let him sleep in until almost ten in the morning. When he decided to finally act, he did so by ordering room service up to bring You XiaoMo's favorite breakfast and lunch foods to eat. Once the service attendant left the room, Ling Xiao put the food down on the dining table, patiently sitting down while waiting to see if it coaxed his wife out of the blankets.

When that still didn't work, Ling Xiao went to the side of the bed. He stroked along the plush covers, pressing down on the vague outline of the small and lithe body burrowed underneath it. His voice was as gentle as the floating clouds, radiantly saying, "My darling wife, if you want to finish our tasks and go home, you'll need to get up now."

Below the layers of the quilted cocoon, You XiaoMo made a whining noise of displeasure. He didn't want to get up. His eyes still felt so heavy, and it wasn't just physically, but he was emotionally drained as well.

A second later, You XiaoMo felt the hands on him move and shift around, then suddenly without warning, his world was being flipped and rotated. Finding himself, blankets and all, being lifted up into Ling Xiao's arms. Carried in the direction of the bathroom and eventually gently placed down on his feet. You XiaoMo dozily looked up at the domineering man before him, tugging the blankets securely around him, saying, "Okay, I get it."

Ling Xiao nodded with satisfaction, elegantly walking out and closing the bathroom door behind him.

The two of them ate their late breakfast and got ready to go back to the shopping district.

Getting dressed, You XiaoMo was shirtless as he was grabbing his inner clothing off the bed. After eating and drinking, his little tummy pouch was getting bigger. Which was still so weird for him to see, it felt like he didn't know whose body he was looking at. He had the sensation that he wasn't pregnant at times but just getting fatter.

You XiaoMo rubbed his little swell, softly saying, "Ling Xiao."

"Yes?" Ling Xiao faintly answered, having been watching him from his seat at the table.

"Are you going to be with me as I deliver?" You XiaoMo quietly questioned, still holding the piece of fabric in his hand and staring at it as if he was talking to it and not Ling Xiao.

Ling Xiao's eyebrows raised up in surprise, "What kind of question is that?"

You XiaoMo turned to firmly look at him and insistently urged, "Just answer."

Ling Xiao got up and walked towards him; he calmly replied, "Of course I will be, I won't leave your side. But you already know this, so why are you questioning me?"

You XiaoMo released the bottom lip he'd been chewing, and looked up into Ling Xiao's profound eyes. The emotion behind them was something so inexplicable, that You XiaoMo could only take a deep breath before explaining his thoughts, "I met a woman who is pregnant with her third child. She said in their family the men don't even go in the delivery room, let alone help change diapers. I-I want you to know that just because I'm the one giving birth here, doesn't mean I'm going to do it all. We're partners in this, taking equal shares!"

Ling Xiao understands instantly his woes and why he spoke up. However, he feels his wife is stressing over non-existent problems, as they are also so very unwarranted.

Sighing deeply, Ling Xiao simply hugs him in his arms and says while looking into his expectant and childish face, "My wife, do you really believe I'll be the type do so? Besides, if someone tried to stop me from being by your side, I would burn the path to you and everything with it."